Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Authentic Auto? Grade of Card? $$ fetched on ebay slabbed or not?

I recently got this for a pretty good price imo. However with no COA it could be worth less than the postage that mailed it to me. I don't know how many auto collectors are out there, but I wanted to know your thoughts on authenticity/ card grade/ $$ it could yield(if authentic and psa/dna slabbed)

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    send it in, you never know unless you send it in.
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    When comparing it to my 1995 Upper Deck #AC1 Reggie Jackson I pulled yours looks good to me.. If you want it slabbed send it in to PSA/DNA I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I think that auto is fake. The J is way off, and he actually spells out his last name to the point that the letters are individually legible. He also curls the tail of the e of Reggie to the point that it extends higher than the the eggie letters.
  • Options
    baseballfanaticbaseballfanatic Posts: 2,415 ✭✭
    Its a tough call, but if you plan to sell it, dont accept 3.00 bills as payment.....
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Good call fanatic!

When comparing it to this, I think it may be fake.

but when looking at his not facsimilie autos:

they all look at least remotely like this.

I don't know though... The J doesn't bother me, but in most of the more moderns I see he dots his "i"... and in mine he does not. I will probably pony up the $20 and fond out for sure. I didn't want to waste the dough if the popular opinion was FAKE.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think that auto is fake. The J is way off, and he actually spells out his last name to the point that the letters are individually legible. He also curls the tail of the e of Reggie to the point that it extends higher than the the eggie letters. >>

dude you think everything is fake..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    One more thing I also noticed, the marker was lifted early, most likely by the forger, and then the tail on the n was added after the rest of the signature was already written. No chance would he lift the marker when reaching the point where his last name ends with a tail.
  • Options

<< <i>One more thing I also noticed, the marker was lifted early, most likely by the forger, and then the tail on the n was added after the rest of the signature was already written. No chance would he lift the marker when reaching the point where his last name ends with a tail. >>

EXPERT! No chance in hell that Josh is wrong..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>One more thing I also noticed, the marker was lifted early, most likely by the forger, and then the tail on the n was added after the rest of the signature was already written. No chance would he lift the marker when reaching the point where his last name ends with a tail. >>

EXPERT! No chance in hell that Josh is wrong.. >>

In other words. Save the $30 that it would cost to get PSA's opinion, you won't like the results.
    The tail on the "n" is something even I can understand.
  • Options

<< <i>In other words. Save the $30 that it would cost to get PSA's opinion, you won't like the results.
    The tail on the "n" is something even I can understand. >>

if you want their opinion spend $7.49 for the "Quick Opinion" service.. my comment was slightly sarcastic..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    wufdudewufdude Posts: 356
    Anyone know when Reggie would use the "44" notation within the "J"? I've seen this on a couple of authenticated autographs and I, in fact, had gotten a Reggie auto through the mail years ago that was sent in to PSA/DNA and noted as "Unable to Authenticate". It looked very close to some authenticated autos that I had seen and had the "44" notation.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In other words. Save the $30 that it would cost to get PSA's opinion, you won't like the results.
    The tail on the "n" is something even I can understand. >>

if you want their opinion spend $7.49 for the "Quick Opinion" service.. my comment was slightly sarcastic.. >>

That certainly is a much better option than paying for mailing something both ways and getting their $20 opinion.
  • Options
    I still think it's real. It was signed with a ugly thick marker and who knows where he signed it.. while walking or whatever. More important why would someone bother making a fake when you can buy UDA Jackson cards for $5-10? image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>UDA Jackson cards for $5-10? >>

Knucks
    I doubt that cheap?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike,

Yeah should have looked at eBay first.. this is the same UDA card I have.. $20

At any rate your not going to get much for un-authenticated or even authentic signed Reggie Jackson cards so I can't see why someone would bother making a forgery to sell.

But just on looks of the autograph alone I still strongly feel it's real.. Send it in Zef.

He just seems to sign like this when using a thicker point marker.
  • Options

I just sent in for a quick opinion...I will let you know the results
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Thanx Knucks
    Still 20 bucks is cheap enough - and those two autos look alike. But I can see why Josh challenged it based on what looks like an "added" tail.

The two autos look about the same to me - but heck - I know nothing about this stuff.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Me neither Stone. After that Bench Auto was posted last week I started looking around and I love the 70 set and the centering of the card looked awesome and the auto looked clear and seemed to match up.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Good luck zef.

I think that most of us would like to see it come back as real.

Keith

• Options
    Looks like you got it from a great seller as well.

Feedback Score: 2083
    Positive Feedback: 99.5%

Anywho.. Lets see what quick opinion says. image
  • Options

WOW! Fast response time from PSA. The verdict from them, "LIKELY GENUINE"
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I just sent in for a quick opinion...I will let you know the results >>

Good luck Zef

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>WOW! Fast response time from PSA. The verdict from them, "LIKELY GENUINE" >>

Oh, what do they know!!!image

Great find, congrats.
  • Options
    Wow that was fast! I'll have to use their quick opinion service when I'm in doubt of an eBay auction.

Congrats on the nice 2nd year signed card! It will look great in a PSA slab. image
  • Options
    Congratulations Zef
    I agree, it would look great in a holder. But, also would look great in a binder.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Wow... quick response... congrats. Looks like I was in the wrong on this one. I think it's great that PSA/DNA is able to do that, and do it so quickly.
  • Options
    wufdudewufdude Posts: 356
    hey zef-

just wondering what the process was in submitting for the "Quick Opinion"? Did you just send them a scan? Also, I assume that they assume no responsibility should it be sent in to PSA/DNA and upon closer inspection, comes back as "Unable to Authenticate"?
  • Options
    They actually ask for the ebay number and even though the auction closed the pic was still up so I sent it to them. I would doubt that they assume responsibility upon closer inspection however if you do send it in to get slabbed I think the deduct the $7.95 for the quick opinion from the price of slabbing it.

I feel a lot better about this purchase now than when I did yesterday when it arrived. I was thinking about doing that before I bid however for a $20 purchase I figured it might now be worth it. Also I wanted to see the condition of the card before I decided whether or not to send it in to get slabbed.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    congrats!..
    ·p_A·