Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

June Special

Sad. Nothing new. Just running the same $12/5 day special again. No tallboys, 70 & 71 or '50's specials again. Ugh!
I have zillions of cards in those categories waiting to go, but they ain't going nowhere until we see a special.

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    yep...a 5 dollar per common special for 50's and i got about 150 cards on the way....until then..NADA....

loth
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Yep! $12/5 day special again. Geez! Did not see that one coming.image
  • Options
    rbeatonrbeaton Posts: 631

<< <i>No tallboys >>

Tall boys are included in the current specials (either the $12/5 day or the $5/1972-1992 special). I wouldn't hold you breath for a $5/50's special...

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    $12 to grade 1964 Giants is not a deal. Grading won't pay for itself with 95% of the set's cards.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Unreal.... They actually put the $500 max back on there too. I too have 100+ 57's that will probably be waiting...
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>yep...a 5 dollar per common special for 50's and i got about 150 cards on the way....until then..NADA....

loth >>

Same here. The difference between $7/ card and $5/card is noticeable.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>yep...a 5 dollar per common special for 50's and i got about 150 cards on the way....until then..NADA....

loth >>

Same here. The difference between $7/ card and $5/card is noticeable. >>

New special BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Looks like I am waiting another month for a 50's special. Maybe they think we will just get fed up and send them, NOT I!!!!!!
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I am still waiting for my cards to come from the MAY special let alone the JUNE special!!
  • Options
    Might guess that the next special may honor the next NBA champions as I think it did a year or two ago at this time. We shall see but I have a growing stack of 70/71's as well.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    I also have the feeling that they might still be swamped from the last two specials (sports and non-sports).
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unreal.... They actually put the $500 max back on there too. I too have 100+ 57's that will probably be waiting... >>

I'm probably one of the few members that actually agree with the max value on submitting cards. Since PSA guarantees their grades, the grading fee is almost comparable to an insurance policy. Writing a check for a misgrade on a 52 Topps Mantle is going to be a lot different than writing a check for a misgrade on a 78 Topps Manny Sanguillen. It only makes smart business sense to charge different amounts. The liability is different for those cards. It's like trying to convince Allstate that it's not fair that they charge you more for car insurance for your Vette in the driveway than your neighbor's 89 Nissan Sentra.