Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GGC grading service??

I bought one coin on e-bay and it came in a GGC (Gallery Grading Service) slab. It looked like the seller made these in his basement!
The grading was so-so but I'd stay away from these slabs!!
granpagrafimage
imageCollector Of All U.S. Gold Coinage!
Antique Soda Bottles And Antique Soda Related
Advertising, and many other collectables!
Life is too short, I might as well buy Gold while I'm still around!image

Comments

• Options
    It is a rip off sham company.Stay with NGC,PCGS,ANACS and ICG.
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Say again and again, only PCGS, NGC and ANACS........over......... and............over until it registers in your brain!
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    NEVER AGAIN!! I GOT THE MESSAGE!!
    imageCollector Of All U.S. Gold Coinage!
    Antique Soda Bottles And Antique Soda Related
    Advertising, and many other collectables!
    Life is too short, I might as well buy Gold while I'm still around!image
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I thought people here liked ICG since cammy kief went on board? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options

<< <i>I thought people here liked ICG since cammy kief went on board? image >>

They are wannabe ICG loversimage
  • Options
    SFDukieSFDukie Posts: 618
    "Gallery Grading Comapny" is a huge scam. Two ebay sellers, shadowzen66 and jojax22, have been selling ggc coins on ebay--all at super high grades-ie 66 fbl, shortly after shadowzen66 bought several bu and uncirc franklin rolls on ebay-as we know, these were unlikely to contain a true 64, much less several 66s. Feedback refers to vastly overgraded coins.

Check out shadowzen's coins:

link
    incredible numbers of ms66 and 667s, blurry images, and uncirc rolls bought
    Man on the Bridgeport half had it correct!
    Here's what gallery has to say about itself:
    THE FUTURE OF GRADING COMPANIES HAS FINALLY ARRIVED. A;SIMPLE RULE OF THUMB IS WHAT WE HAD IN MIND., (1) LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS,AND OFFER SERVICES AT A PRICE THE AVERAGE COLLECTOR CAN AFFORD. (2) MAKE YOURSELF ACCESSIBLE. (3) SEARCH HIGH AND LOW FOR TOP GRADE ITEMS, AND OFFER THEM AT PENNIES ON A DOLLAR. (4) OFFER THE SAME SERVICES AND PRICING FOR THE CUSTOMERS( NO MATTER HOW MANY ITEMS ARE SUBMITTED). (5) HAVE 48 HOUR TURNAROUND AT NO EXTRA COST.(6) HAVE A FACILITY THAT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC . (7) ALWAYS REMIND THE CUSTOMER THAT GRADING IS OBJECTIVE, AND AN OPINION, SO BUY THE COIN, NOT THE HOLDER. (8) CLOSE EVERY TRANSACTION WITH THANKS FOR YOUR PURCHASE.(9) BECAUSE GRADING IS OBJECTIVE, OFFER A 7 DAY RETURN POLICY, IF IT DOESNT MEET YOUR OPINION. THANKS A MILLION MEMBERS, WE LOVE YOU , COME BACK ANYTIME. Coin prices are derived from Coinuniverse when possible. They have a solid reputation for their efforts on up to date prices for United States coins. The website can be reviewed at www.pcgs.com . At times prices will not be available from coinuniverse, so we will refer to Greysheet and Redbook of United States coins. If no value can be found, we will only list authenticity and our grading opinion. We have chosen these three sources due to the paramount reputation as leaders in the coin industry. Gallery Grading co. Is registered with the state of Missouri #19014597 , Our facilty is over 31000 square ft. making us one of the larger coin organizations in the country. Submissions can be made by mail, or in person (Thursday-Saturday) 11-4 at Gallery Grading Co, 400 Main St. New Madrid Mo 63869 United States.

Ps I think they mean to say that grading is subjective, not objective, but with these clowns, who knows?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file