Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

stolen cards

Hey everybody the four 1960 psa 9's on ebay listed by utah cards were stolen on route to me from DSL if you know any of the bidders I would notify them as the FBI and ebay already have been notified.The PSA #'s are the same on all four. And its the exact same four cards dead to right. Thanks,Tony

Comments

• Options
    Can you provide links?
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Please post links to the auctions if you get a chance. It could be a stolen scan/scam move rather than the actual theif. I'd contact the seller and demand they reveal who they purchased the cards from, then contact the authorities in that location.
  • Options
    Are you referring to this? link
  • Options
    The item #'s were 5175576566,5171247076,5177425738,5177421449. They are the cards I wrote down the PSA #'s when they were stolen. Shane of DSL can also confirm this. Tony
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    How are you suggesting that utah_card1 stole your cards? It seems possible that DSL could have sent the cards to the wrong bidder, but not that someone heisted them from the U.S. Postal Service. That seller has feedback of almost 1200 and has been selling on eBay for 3 years. Unless he lives in your town and could have gotten into your mailbox, I have trouble picturing how it could happen. What's your theory?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thief evidentally sold them to Utah Cards. Good luck getting your cards back.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Have you contacted utah cards and let them know and asked them how they received these cards. They should be pulled from ebay. Do not know if DSL keeps a copy of their invoicing to see if address matches up to what you gave them? Keep us informed, I have some cards that I won from DSL and want to see what happens, GOOD LUCK.

Stingray
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭

<< <i>The thief evidentally sold them to Utah Cards. Good luck getting your cards back. >>

Oops, I thought they were stolen very recently, but I see the DSL auction was in March. I still wonder if DSL mixed up their invoices and sent them to the wrong buyer. 4_Sharp_Corners has done that. It seems more probable than a postal theft, but perhaps tony has had problems with stuff stolen from his mailbox.

My last expensive order from DSL, they had delivery confirmation. These cards are pretty costly. No D/C in this case?
  • Options
    DSL sent them to me and the box was opened from the bottom and resealed . It looked like a UPS employee got them. Utah Cards most likey bought them but he still is responsable.
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    If the box was open.... wouldn't the Postal Insurance cover the loss? It seems to me that a order of that value would have been insured and tracked.

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    The cards were insured I received most of the money for them as product from DSL .I talked to the seller he said he would pull the auctions but did not . Don Luciuos won all of them.The seller said he bought them from an auction house he always buys from. I sure would like to know where they got them.