Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Some boxed sets from my collection

"Think of the Press as a great keyboard on which the Government can play" – Joseph Goebbels

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media" - William Colby, former CIA director

Comments

• Here's another of the 1932 "400th Anniversary of Colonization" sets (as shown above), but in a different mint package.

"Think of the Press as a great keyboard on which the Government can play" – Joseph Goebbels

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media" - William Colby, former CIA director
  • I also have another wooden box unc set of the 1956 10, 20, 50 centavos and 1 & 2 cruzeiros coins bearing the impressed seal of "Casa da Moeda Brasil", but I'm having trouble getting it to show the mint seal impressed into the hardwood lid of the set.

If I can get a half-decent scan, I'll upload it here.

• This is the best I seem to be able to do on the 1956 set. It's hard to see, but the "Casa da Moeda Brasil" seal impressed into the wood can be partly read. image

• I like the first one!!!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders

• << <i>I like the first one!!!image >>

So do I. The second one has nicer coins but the container is nowhere nearly as interesting.image

• AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Neat set image
    I've never seen one in that case before.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.