Home U.S. Coin Forum

POLL: How many 2005 Mint sets will you buy?

Comments

• nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    No option for zero...
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Zero (not an option in the poll)
  • TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    added.
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    SIX !!! Hey TUMUSS which emoticon is the guy that is puzzled(the one that you just used in your last post) Is there a link to a list of the emoticons with pics ??

Regards,

TorinoCobra71

• nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Great! My non-participation can be properly accounted for! image
  • ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I buy 2 with my 2 silver proof sets. My problem is storing all this crap long term. I sure wish the mint would issue an album and coins in an airtite type container to save space. all the packing and I'm going to have to re-think how many of these sets I'd buy. Most buying several are hoping they can make a profit on Ebay.
  • TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207

<< <i>SIX !!! Hey TUMUSS which emoticon is the guy that is puzzled(the one that you just used in your last post) Is there a link to a list of the emoticons with pics ??

Regards,

TorinoCobra71 >>

image = (Select Emotion "HMMMMMM")
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    Nada!
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bought 1, $16.95 now beats $30+ on eBay later.
  • the usual 4 sets on subscription, not messing with mint ordering nightmares this time.
  • I'll wait for the silver proofs.
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    Thanks NASHVILLE image

TorinoCobra71

• clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    How about 20-50?
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Already ordered 15 today and maybe more later.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as last year...the year before...the year before that...next year...0
  • I bought 5. I'm thinking I should have bought more, maybe I will try tomorrow. I just love the satin finish on coins. That is the look I like and is the only reason I stray from Proof coins.
  • I'm getting three. At least I think I am. That subscription thing kinda sucks. image
  • I usually buy two a year and chose "1-2". I may go for more since my two favorite states, California and Oregon are both represented this year.
    Lurking proudly on internet forums since 2001
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    The same as every year.

Zero - Zilch - Nadda.

-----------

etexmike
  • Is anybody buying them just for their own collection and not for selling? I guess now is the time to get them. I've seen modern Mint products go on Ebay for big money and I can't understand why.
  • I just get a couple of sets for my albums. I enjoy the couple of nights of getting my albums caught up for the year.

But I'm waiting until next Tuesday to order, when Silver Proof sets become available. I get 4 of those, putting a couple away for my kids.
  • I'm getting 15.
    I was late last year and missed out.
    I'll probably break some of them up.
    and submit some coins...
  • INXSINXS Posts: 1,202

<< <i>Is anybody buying them just for their own collection and not for selling? I guess now is the time to get them. I've seen modern Mint products go on Ebay for big money and I can't understand why. >>

I'll be getting 2 for my collection, not looking to sell.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • xbobxbob Posts: 1,979

<< <i>Is anybody buying them just for their own collection and not for selling? I guess now is the time to get them. I've seen modern Mint products go on Ebay for big money and I can't understand why. >>

Just one this time. For my album updates.

I might do more in the future to average the S&H out, then sell off the extra sets in a few years or save them for the kids if they develop a coin intereest someday.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • GeodGeod Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Just bought 5 sets this morning and will buy 5 sets of the silver next week (june 7th?)
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I buy one a year just for kicks
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious....for those that wanted to say "zero", and/or did, why did you feel the need?

If you put zero, it is probably because you have no interest. Since you have no interest, why come into a thread just to put zero?
    Ego? Upping post count? USMint/modern bashing?

I try to skip threads I have no interest in so I am honestly curious on this.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file