Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How Long can the Post Office Take?

CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
I ordered some coins and they were supposed to have been shipped last Tuesday morning. They have not yet arrived. Even with the holiday delay, shouldn't they be here by now? Is there a domestic shipping option via USPS that can take over a week?
I e-mailed the company with a polite letter asking how and when exactly they shipped the package, and am waiting for a response.
Also, who is responsible here? I wasn't offered any insurance or anything. I already payed, if the Post Office does end up losing my coins, shouldn't it be his responsibilty to either refund my $ or send alternative coins? I paid via PayPal, any recourse there? I know they have a claim process, but I only paid $50.00. Is it worth the bother?
Thanks,
Dillon

Comments

• Options
    I've had over a weeks delay on some stuff.... and with the holiday my normal mail was late 2 hrs.... so don't sweat it yetimage
    There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    Some times the mail can be slow.According to the post office it takes 21 days from mailing before a package is AWOL.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your paypal sender should have some proof he sent it. Ask him for it.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, maybe I've been spoiled usually getting my packages in a couple or three days. This is a good company and I have ordered from them numerous times, I just hope I don't end up eating $50.00. I know it sounds small, but that is basically my monthly coin budget down the tubes...
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭
    While most First Class and Priority Mail items will be delivered within a week, there is a large percentage that don't. I'd say alarm is premature, especially given that there was an intervening postal holiday.

WH
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't start raising an eyebrow until Saturday.
  • Options
    The post office is hit or miss and I don't expect anything these days. I had a first class package sent to me last Monday that arrived today and another package(from the same exact place... same exact first class shipping... & exact same size) that shipped on Thursday and arrived Saturday. Who knows... maybe the first horse broke down on the way. image
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    If it's Registered Mail, it could take daaaaays.image

dizzyfoxx
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    My record is 28 days for a piece of priority mail sent from WA to MO image
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard tell of the story about a World War II soldier in Europe who sent a letter home to his young bride. She eventually received it ............ fifty years later. Kind of spooky, though, as he was killed in action in 1944.

Just thought I would offer you a little encouragement.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    No problem unless it is not delivered by this weekend.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file