Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay Bidders That Don't Leave Feedback: What Can Be Done?

In my auction descriptions, I stipulate that "feedback is left upon the receipt of yours" I also send a reminder to leave feedback in my thank you notes. My last three coin auctions have turned up no feedback. Should I let it go? Politely ask? Leave them feedback despite my description hoping that they will leave feedback in return? other suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    I wouldn't give it another thought.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they have the same policy as you.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    get over it, besides your policy sucks. The buyer completes his part of the bargain by paying for the item. As a seller you should leave feedback at that time, not after they give you praise. I would not leave you feedback either. I also do not leave feedback to my best sellers. If I get great stuff from someone I go out of my wat not to leave feedback, too many people watching.
  • Options
    I have the exact problem. I guess the others dont see the benefit of feedback or they at least should reply to feedback given to them.

In other words, dont worry about it.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    Perhaps they have the same policy as you do?

You can keep sending emails asking for feedback until they leave you a negative feedback about asking for feedback.

Or just realize it's only eBay feedback
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    We average about 80% feedback with coin sales and I suspect that is about normal.

We get about 50% with jewelry, collectibles, etc.

When selling electronics, you can expect less than 25% feedback.

Let it go.
  • Options

<< <i>get over it, besides your policy sucks. The buyer completes his part of the bargain by paying for the item. As a seller you should leave feedback at that time, not after they give you praise. I would not leave you feedback either. >>

Why not? If you got your item as described and on time why wouldn't you leave feedback ?

Seems to me you're taking the same stance as the seller. Holding your feedback hostage until someone leaves you some ? image
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a seller displays his or her feedback rules and they state.."feedback is left upon the receipt of yours"

I usually forget about those auctions.

Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>When a seller displays his or her feedback rules and they state.."feedback is left upon the receipt of yours"

I usually forget about those auctions. >>

based on the stupid feedback policy ????

geez, you'll probably miss out on a lot of good stuff just because you value your feedback score more than what you're buying. image

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion you have a very poor feedback policy and it might even prohibit me from bidding on one of your auctions as it "reads" to me that you may have an attitude. I believe that the seller should leave feedback first, if both parties are satisfied, as the buyer has already extended a show of good faith by paying in advance of delivery.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    geez, you'll probably miss out on a lot of good stuff just because you value your feedback score more than what you're buying.

I do just fine, thank you.
    Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>geez, you'll probably miss out on a lot of good stuff just because you value your feedback score more than what you're buying.

I do just fine, thank you. >>

That's great but to simply pass on an auction because of the feedback policy? image

In my opinion there are far better reasons to pass on something. Like outragious shipping fees, too many recent negs, ....etc...

But just because of a feedback policy ? image

• Options
    At a certain point I think positive feedback becomes irrelevant, assuming you're an honest seller. Once you get into the "hundreds" of transactions with mostly positive feedback (97%+), the effects of the new positives is negligible. Personally, when I see someone with over 100 feedbacks and over 97% positive that's good enough for me.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should change your policy to not sending the item until feedback is left.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Forget about it. It's not worth it.
  • Options
    *Punt*
  • Options

<< <i>At a certain point I think positive feedback becomes irrelevant, assuming you're an honest seller. Once you get into the "hundreds" of transactions with mostly positive feedback (97%+), the effects of the new positives is negligible. Personally, when I see someone with over 100 feedbacks and over 97% positive that's good enough for me. >>

You make a good point. I think this topic is usually brought up by newer buyers and sellers, because of frustration on not being able to build their feedback score up because of non-feedback. Once you get to a certain point it becomes far less important.

• Options
    I wasn't aware the leaving feedback was a requirement for buying something on ebay. When did that start?
    ...AlaBill
  • Options
    Once I get good funds I leave positive feedback to my winning bidders. Then I ship and forget about it. I don't keep track of who does or who doesn't leave me feedback. I have enough other things to worry about. Somehow I still ended up with a bunch of positives image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>get over it, besides your policy sucks. The buyer completes his part of the bargain by paying for the item. As a seller you should leave feedback at that time, not after they give you praise. I would not leave you feedback either. >>

Why not? If you got your item as described and on time why wouldn't you leave feedback ?

Seems to me you're taking the same stance as the seller. Holding your feedback hostage until someone leaves you some ? image >>

The transaction for the buyer is not complete. If someone is not willing to leave feedback when I have completed my part of the bargain then why the heck should I leave feedback? As a buyer part of the "positve" part of the transaction is positve feedback when I HAVE completed my part of the bargain. My part of the bargain does not include feedback, my part is to pay for the item. What about this do you not get?
  • Options
    But just because of a feedback policy ?

Yep, just because of a STATED feedback policy. That seller who posts his policy is not sure of his stuff, IMHO. It is a red flag to me.

I only buy a couple of items a month on ebay anymore and I like sellers who are confident enough to leave feedback when they get their money. It's pretty simple to determine if that's the way they do it.

It's also the way I was taught the game. It's the way I like to play. I know a few people who sell on ebay who do it by getting before giving and I am much more careful with those people in real life. In fact, they are COD people.

I've missed 5 items(2 on ebay-3 in other venues) I have wanted in the last 3 years and none of my near misses had anything to do with a sellers feedback policy.image
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

Dont go beggin' for it. It makes ya look bad, Some people just dont leave feedback. As a part-time seller over the years I have not gotten over 20+ feedbacks from successful completed transactions..................

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give them a neg. I guarantee that you'll get your feedback!!!image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207

<< <i>Ebay Bidders That Don't Leave Feedback: What Can Be Done? >>

Who cares. I mean really....just be glad it is not Negative or Neutral.
  • Options
    SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't bother me if I don't receive feedback. I'd say I get feedback around 90-95% of the time. In return, if someone looks at my feedback comments, they know I'm reputable.

Of the several hundred items I have bought off eBay, I have left not feedback maybe five times. Generally because of marginal quality material.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Give them a neg. I guarantee that you'll get your feedback!!!image >>

That's what I was thinking.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options

Seems to me you're taking the same stance as the seller. Holding your feedback hostage until someone leaves you some ? image

<< <i>The transaction for the buyer is not complete. >>

Why not? You got your item didn't you?

<< <i>If someone is not willing to leave feedback when I have completed my part of the bargain then why the heck should I leave feedback? >>

Because you got your item. Your still saying that feedback is more important than your item

<< <i>As a buyer part of the "positve" part of the transaction is positve feedback when I HAVE completed my part of the bargain. My part of the bargain does not include feedback, my part is to pay for the item. >>

What if the seller has a set procedure for feedback? They leave it once every two months or something like that? (a lot do it this way) Are you going to 'assume' the worst just because you didn't get your precious feedback immediately?

<< <i>What about this do you not get? >>

Look, I get it. You're a buyer who thinks a seller should service you immediately and without hesitation. Screw whatever system they have set in place. Just acknowledge YOU right away so other ebayers can proclaim your feedback score

You're still holding your feedback hostage, just like you hate for the seller to do, just for some comment in your feedback profile. image

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t grovel for feedback.

When he/she pays with good funds, leave positive feedback. Get the ball rolling.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    kinda simple from my stand point.. I buy from you..and you acknowledge it, then when I receive what I paid for, I acknowledge it and vise-versa. I buy from you and you dont leave a feedback...me neither. You buy from me, you get a feedback and I take my chances.
    RJ
  • Options
    As a seller,I don't leave feedback immediately after payment.I wait until I"m sure there are no problems with the transaction.
    I would'nt state a feedback policy in an auction.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I always give feedback but really once you have a few hundred transactions in the plus column does it really matter?image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Ah, yes -- I guess it has been a week since the last why don't sellers leave feedback as soon as they're paid? thread, so we're due for a new one.
  • Options
    I never leave feedback until the other person does. Only about haal of the people will leave it first. I think anyone who leaves it first is a sucker waiting to be taken advantage of because of ther people's spite or just weirdness.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a buyer I just love sellers that wait for the buyer to give feedback. Three neutrals have hit my feedback in the last month or so because I would not pat a seller on the back for not having a clue about coin grading.

As a seller when good funds arrive I almost always leave feedback that includes a Thank You.

Heck I have even left feedback for a couple of sellers 5 minutes after paying for a item with Pay Pal. Of course they were board members.

Ken
  • Options
    Coinhusker1Coinhusker1 Posts: 3,560
    Send the buyer an e-mail asking if they received the item safely and if they are satisfied with it. If they say yes, give them positive feedback. Perhaps that will prompt them to leave positive feedback in return. If they don't, then fuggedaboutit!!!
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to have more of a problem with these new age sellers on Ebay. They think they don't even have to email you when you win an auction! The coin just arrives, I give them a postive but what's the deal?

I had a auction I won early on Friday and no email. I got tried of waiting and finally paid for the auction. I get a note from the seller stating "I said in my auctions Insurance is required for anything over $50" (which is true) but in the same listing it says "not offered" and when I logged into Paypal it stated "not offered". If your going to close an auction before a holiday send out a email. I like to complete the transaction ASAP.image
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Well we've been down this thread before.image. IMO it depends on what you are selling to stand by a policy like that. For me when selling coins I'll give first if its a good feedback buyer that buys mostly coins. Now if I'm selling a camera or hard drive or similar then seller gives first no exceptions. Except to repeat buyersimage

How's that for pinning it down
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    I would email politely and ask, "If you are happy with the transaction, please leave positive feedback. Afterwards I will certainly do the same".

dizzyfoxximage
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options

<< <i>What about this do you not get? >>

Look, I get it. You're a buyer who thinks a seller should service you immediately and without hesitation. Screw whatever system they have set in place. Just acknowledge YOU right away so other ebayers can proclaim your feedback score

You're still holding your feedback hostage, just like you hate for the seller to do, just for some comment in your feedback profile. image >>

LOL, what a maroon, I am mostly an Ebay seller with a 500+ feedback. If you sell, let me know your ID and I will avoid you so you won't have to worry. When a buyer buys something from me, pays for it, they get immediate feedback. Think about that as a seller, it puts your buyers at ease very quickly. I have never rcvd a neg from a buyer, I got 2 negs from seller back in 1998 but that is it.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I never leave feedback until the other person does. Only about haal of the people will leave it first. I think anyone who leaves it first is a sucker waiting to be taken advantage of because of ther people's spite or just weirdness."

Speaking of weirdness, do you realize if everyone had your incredible foresight, feedback wouldn't exist for ANYONE? image

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    I give feedback when payment is made, my last 4 auctions I did that and did not receive any feedback in return, as long as my 7 day return has past, I delete them from my sold list, happy that I sold the items and move on.
    "You don't need no gypsy to tell you why, you can't let one precious day slip by" G. Allman
  • Options

<< <i>

LOL, what a maroon, I am mostly an Ebay seller with a 500+ feedback. If you sell, let me know your ID and I will avoid you so you won't have to worry. When a buyer buys something from me, pays for it, they get immediate feedback. Think about that as a seller, it puts your buyers at ease very quickly. I have never rcvd a neg from a buyer, I got 2 negs from seller back in 1998 but that is it. >>

500+ ? Wow, ............that's not even half of mine. Member since 1997 and 100% positive too. Buying and Selling. Imagine that.

It's so funny how much emphasis you put on feedback image (actually it's kinda sad) Feedback happens or it doesn't, nothing to get high blood pressure over.

Oh well, to each his own i guess.

• Options

<< <i>Oh well, to each his own i guess. >>

Exactly.
  • Options
    ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777
    This is the 3,465th time this subject has been hashed over in the past year. Does anyone think this will be the thread that will change minds??

I like Fords, you like Chevys! So what!!image

Now, go start some COIN threads!!
  • Options
    ddinkddink Posts: 2,748

<< <i>get over it, besides your policy sucks. The buyer completes his part of the bargain by paying for the item. As a seller you should leave feedback at that time, not after they give you praise. I would not leave you feedback either. I also do not leave feedback to my best sellers. If I get great stuff from someone I go out of my wat not to leave feedback, too many people watching. >>

I think everyone is missing an important point from the seller's point of view. How many of you have seen sellers with one neg and a "reply" saying "Buyer never emailed me before leaving neg!"? I know I have seen this several times. If you leave feedback as soon as you get payment, there are some people who would find fault with the transaction and leave you an immediate neg (since it can't hurt them due to you having already left feedback) without even emailing you to express their displeasure. I feel that feedback should not be given until both parties are satisfied with the transaction. To that end, as a buyer I normally leave feedback upon receipt of the item, and as a seller I wait upon a buyer's feedback before leaving any myself.

Perfect example: I sold a box of nickels on eBay and packed them incredibly well with cardboard all around the box to hold it in place and cushion it. Guy says three of the rolls are damaged. I said I could either file an insurance claim, or if he would prefer, I could simply send him three undamaged rolls as replacements. He sounded very happy about me offering the replacement rolls. I shipped them the very next day at a shipping cost of $5 (plus three $2 rolls of nickels)...total out-of-pocket was $11. If the box was damaged in shipping, IMO the USPS should pay, not me, but to provide good customer service I figured it was worth eleven bucks. Get an email the very next day saying that there were actually FIVE damaged rolls (funny, the day before only THREE were damaged) and how his mom was upset that he had gotten "ripped off." He eventually left me a positive feedback when he received the replacement rolls, but I'm convinced that if I had left him a pos. at the beginning, he would have left me a negative, even with me sending him three replacement rolls to compensate for something that was not my fault to begin with!
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options

<< <i>This is the 3,465th time this subject has been hashed over in the past year. Does anyone think this will be the thread that will change minds??

Now, go start some COIN threads!! >>

Nope, none of these threads will change anything.

oh , and..................

Fords Suck !!!!!!!

and it DOES matter ya' old fart !!!

imageimage

• Options
    ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777

<< <i>

<< <i>This is the 3,465th time this subject has been hashed over in the past year. Does anyone think this will be the thread that will change minds??

Now, go start some COIN threads!! >>

Nope, none of these threads will change anything.

oh , and..................

Fords Suck !!!!!!!

and it DOES matter ya' old fart !!!

imageimage >>

• Options
    I think it's only fair to leave feedback immediately when your end of the transaction is done. If everything is done on the up and up there should be no hesitation for them to leave you feedback when they get their items. As soon as a customer pays me I leave their feedback. I purchased an item once and was unhappy with the whole transaction so I never left her feedback because I knew that even though I paid immediately when I purchased she would leave a retaliation negative feedback if I left her one. So.....leave your feedback right away and you might see better results.
    Live like you were dying.
    -------------------------------
    Bridget
    ----------
    (My beautiful children!!)
  • Options

<< <i>Fords Suck !!!!!!! >>

I like Chevys AND Fords.To bad they're both made from Japanese and German parts. image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your lucky the Japenese parts will last as long as My Nissian.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file