Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

HEY! CHECK OUT THIS KICK BUTT COLLAGE I MADE OUT OF TORN BILLS!

VetterVetter Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭✭
We get some ripped bills at work every now and then, and the office girl saves them for me. Well I finally got enough to make a collage out of them. I'll be hanging it on my office wall. It looks like a good bit of money. In reality, the only "whole bill is the $5 silver certifcate. All the others are torn pieces.

Members I have done business with:
Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.

Comments

• Options
    A torn $100 and $50... Oh, the humanity!
  • Options
    solidsolid Posts: 2,975
    Very nice!

Ken
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Kinda neat.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979
    That's a very cool collage! Sure to prompt some questions when people see it.
    I have a few myself:
    Can't bill segments larger than 51% be redeemed for a new bill?
    If so, I'm guessing yours are all 49% complete or less?
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat! I like it.
    Where can you hang it without worrying about it being stolen?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't bill segments larger than 51% be redeemed for a new bill?
    >>

This is true.....
    Really neat, by the way !!

Paul
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's a really cool display!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    By the way, I love that you used a $5 silver certificate!

• Options
    I like that display. Do I understand correctly that the torn pieces of bills didn't cost you anything?
  • Options

<< <i>I like that display. Do I understand correctly that the torn pieces of bills didn't cost you anything? >>

Nope, the torn bills were free. Because there are smaller then 51% they are worthless, without the larger piece of it. You can't turn them in for a replacement.
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I wonder what it would go for on Ebay? Probably at least as much as face???
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sharp! Good choice of frame too!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Pretty nice display!
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    TheLiberatorTheLiberator Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    Very cool. I wish your thread title was more descriptive though. I almost missed this one because "look what I made" told me nothing about the thread contents! Maybe call it: HEY! CHECK OUT THIS KICK BUTT COLLAGE I MADE OUT OF TORN BILLS!" HAHAHA! image

Anyway, very cool stuff but it WILL get stolen...!
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool. I wish your thread title was more descriptive though. I almost missed this one because "look what I made" told me nothing about the thread contents! Maybe call it: HEY! CHECK OUT THIS KICK BUTT COLLAGE I MADE OUT OF TORN BILLS!" HAHAHA! image

Anyway, very cool stuff but it WILL get stolen...! >>

Okay I did....LOL
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    From the BEP Web site:

Currency notes which are:

NOT CLEARLY more than one-half of the original note and/or, in such condition that the value is questionable and special examination is required to determine its value.
    Currency can become mutilated in any number of ways. The most common causes are: fire, water, chemicals, explosives; animal, insect or rodent damage; and petrification or deterioration by burying. Under regulations issued by the Department of the Treasury, mutilated United States currency may be exchanged at face value if:
    - more than 50% of a note identifiable as United States currency is present; or,
    - 50% or less of a note identifiable as United States currency is present, and the method of mutilation and supporting evidence demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Treasury that the missing portions have been totally destroyed.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    That is soooo cool, as my grandaughter says... "I want that"

There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    TTT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file