Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

All right now

Which one of you are GPAAL on ebay, your buying up all the 67s and leaving none for us other 67 collectors. Just kidding. I am not buying that much at a time and just courious if you were on these boards. Good luck on completing the 67 set if that is what you are doing with them.

Stingray

Comments

• Options
    I think you left an extra "A" out................
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    one day that person will finish the set and move on..leaving all 67's for YOU....just be patient. I have seen many collectors from 56 and 57 come and go. Its best to just let them have it and get cards later.

ps- i dont follow my own advice...unfortunately

loth
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I did forget an A (GPAAAL). I can only afford so much each month to spend on cards, and since I am only starting I can be choosier about which cards I am going to bid up in order to buy. Like it was said, I will not bid too high at this point just to get a card. I need too many and buy some of the cheaper ones for now. Just curious who GPAAAL is.

Stingray
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Even if he is a member of these boards, I'm not sure that a thread titled "All right now" will get his attention. It only got mine because I happen to love the song. image

Maybe something like... "GPAAAL, I have a bone to pick with you!"
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I guess I could have used a different title, was just trying to be quick before the boss saw me.

Stingray
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    stingray wrote: "...was just trying to be quick before the boss saw me."

AHA!! So some of you ARE monitoring and writing to the boards while on the clock! I was wondering if that was the case! rofl

Me? I'm in the middle of a two-week vacation and will be slowing down considerably with these boards when I head back to the work routine next Monday. I don't even want to think about getting into personal web stuff while working. I'm a software engineer (of sorts) and job security just isn't what it used to be. I'm not giving anyone any reason to add negative comments to my "Permanent File".

Keep up the fun posts regardless!

hh
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sting
    I have a "friend" like that too at the Toppsvault - ebay aka Wossamottau - the guy buys up a ton of stuff and bids high....an item that I would pay like 35$ last year gets run up to 100+ and a snipe to boot!
    Unless he is somehow reselling the stuff, his budget is beyond anything I could ever dream of!

This guy is a buying machine!

Well, now both of us have that off our chest!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Speaking of '67s and the toppsvault, why can't we get more well centered, sharp, and unmolested cards from packs these days.
    I spent 14 years in the printing industry and am constantly befuddled by the lack of high quality control.
    If you can proof a card like this, then you can consistently produce it too.

• Options
    I feel your pain stingray. I got out bid by that museum of sports history the other night on a card I really wanted. From the cards he has I have NO clue why he was bidding on it. I was above and beyond the other bidders by quite a bit I think and then he sniped me by 1 dollar at the last second!! I imagine he must have put a pretty high bid on his snipe though as from what I hear if he wants something he'll get it. Oh well, lol.
    Ryan
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I have sold to both of those guys and it seems to me that yes, when they want something they go and get it. As a seller I have not had a porblem with either of themimageimage
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions