Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

need help on a 80-81 Topps Basketball set problem Magic/Bird RC year

This auciton claims this another way to number the set, besides the beckett method. Anyone ever heard of this? thanks gang

ebay auction link
Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!

Comments

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a crisp Bird/Magic RC!
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    anybody on the # system?
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I do recall hearing something about a different numbering system several years ago but I am sorry that I do not remember the details. Good Luck.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    That seems like a very low "Buy it Now" price. I wonder what else is wrong with the Bird/Johnson rookie (besides the slightly soft corners).
  • Options
    good point on the low buy it now. That's what 60% of high beckett. I wonder if the set is extremely incomplete. sent an email to the seller. He didn't reply yet. I sent another one. Shall update if he replies.
  • Options
    Yes I am very aware of this numbering system... I sold my complete set about 6 months back for over 1500.00 and it was drop dead nm-mt with a bunch of mint cards in it.. I also had the Bird/Magic/Erving psa 8 graded and 10 other psa 9's. All my 9's were the star cards.. He is correct in his numbering system..there were a few different ways to put it together number wise

It was a great set to put together and I really enjoyed it. You wont be disappointed if you buy it (the 80-81 set..not specifically this particular one on ebay).
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    ok seller got back to my email

Dear kingraider75,

You asked:
    "If using the beckett method, how many cards are missing? Thanks"

No cards are missing. The 176 panel set is complete, just completed in a different order than listed in Beckett.

I am still not sure how that works, but I guess it's complete. Text