Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Questions for HRH

I have posted questions on the Q&A Forum repeatedly over the last year, and rarely see them answered...so I am posting here in the hopes that someday they will be noticed by someone at PCGS image
1. When will the Canadian Coins Complete Set Circulation Strikes (1858-1952) be updated to include the Belzberg collection. It seems odd to me that Belzberg's set initiated the Canadian Registry, and yet is not included on the most important part of the Registry. This should be easily done.
2. The Belzberg Victoria Five Cents Circulation Strikes (1858-1901) contains a coin graded SP63 (under 1870 Wide Rim). Since this is a Circulation Strike Set, isn't that a mistake? If so, could it please be changed/deleted?
Victorian Five Cents
3.In the US registry there are sets which have been added to present some of the most famous collections. I think that is a great idea, and wonder when the Canadian Registry will be updated to include the Norweb, Pittman, and Mason Collections (off the top of my head...I'm sure there are more). US Registry

Thanks for your attention to these questions. image

Comments

• Options
    ttt
  • Options

<< <i>ttt >>

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Please bear in mind that HRH doesn't even know this forum exists!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    He is awfully late in his responses.It is 2:48 and still no answersimage
  • Options

<< <i>Please bear in mind that HRH doesn't even know this forum exists!

imageimageimage >>

I knowimage But I've posted essentially the same questions on the Q&A Forum without response on and off for awhile. At least this way I can see the unanswered question whenever I want to!image
  • Options

<< <i>He is awfully late in his responses.It is 2:48 and still no answersimage >>

and now a few days later, and no answersimage
  • Options
    The problem may be with the way you word your questions. You are making an assumption by asking when something will happen. Better to ask IF that thing will happen. He may not be answering because there isn't an answer (unless you count something like "when hell freezes over" to be an answer). image
  • Options

<< <i>The problem may be with the way you word your questions. You are making an assumption by asking when something will happen. Better to ask IF that thing will happen. He may not be answering because there isn't an answer (unless you count something like "when hell freezes over" to be an answer). image >>

thanks for your thoughts. Two responses...firstly, HRH agreed that he would add the Belzberg Collection to the Canadian complete circulation set already...about one or two years ago. Secondly, the issue with regards to the specimen coin in a circulation set would be rectified in about two seconds flat. Sigh.image
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    These questions might get more action if they are worked with the Registry people (ie: BJ), instead of Mr Hall. And, if complete sets of information are provided to the Registry people, these tasks become more like "order entry" then "numismatic research". I don't think PCGS is ignoring your comments, just busy with other tasks.

So, for the specific questions ...
    1. Do the research and come up with a list of all the PCGS numbers that comprise the Belzberg set. Then, send these numbers to BJ, and ask her nicely to get someone to enter the set.
    2. Check if Belzberg had a 1870 Wide Rim MS 5c. If so, send an email to BJ asking her (nicley) to change the coin - again, make it easy for her by providing the PCGS number. If not, send an email to BJ asking her (nicely) to delete the coin from the set. (Hmmmm, maybe PCGS misattributed the coin as a Specimen, and it was actually a Mint State coin and belong in that set?)
    3. Again, do the research, and provide the numbers, or the estimated grades.
  • Options

<< <i>These questions might get more action if they are worked with the Registry people (ie: BJ), instead of Mr Hall. And, if complete sets of information are provided to the Registry people, these tasks become more like "order entry" then "numismatic research". I don't think PCGS is ignoring your comments, just busy with other tasks.

So, for the specific questions ...
    1. Do the research and come up with a list of all the PCGS numbers that comprise the Belzberg set. Then, send these numbers to BJ, and ask her nicely to get someone to enter the set.
    2. Check if Belzberg had a 1870 Wide Rim MS 5c. If so, send an email to BJ asking her (nicley) to change the coin - again, make it easy for her by providing the PCGS number. If not, send an email to BJ asking her (nicely) to delete the coin from the set. (Hmmmm, maybe PCGS misattributed the coin as a Specimen, and it was actually a Mint State coin and belong in that set?)
    3. Again, do the research, and provide the numbers, or the estimated grades. >>

thanks for the suggestions