Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

No qualifier???

How does this PSA 4 looking Ruth not get an ST or MK qualifier? If I submitted that card I would get 2 qualifiers lol.

How???

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more. And there's no way that card is closer to a "5" per the seller's description. I still can't believe it's a 4. I own a lot of 4's, and none of them have corners that bad.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I guess PSA's logic is that the color and clarity of the card are much better than what one typically sees on vg-ex Goudeys, but that gunk on the left is pretty distracting. I don't think I'm as critical of the technical grade of the card as you guys are, but if I were in the market for a PSA 4 '33 Ruth, I'd probably keep looking.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    In any case, the Babe was one ugly dude. I think I'd prefer a card of him batting or something.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    The same way this Clemente does

• Options

<< <i>The same way this Clemente does

image >>

The Clemente was an obvious error on PSA's part, and was talked about in length several months ago. Nice try.
  • Options
    But back on topic, if there is an obvious mark or stain it should be reflected in the grade. I know you can say NQ on your submission form, but I do not believe that is the case here as the card would be a 4 without the stain/mark at best, I guess I question the inconsistency.