Home Sports Talk
Options

Happy Memorial Day to all my CU Friends!!!!

That includes my Compadre Axtell Rose too. image

I am not sure if anybody has had this idea for the PSA Registry, but how about a set of players who both were stars and served in the Military, lie Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, and Bob Feller? There probably is such a set but I am too lazy to look it up. Players back then were true heros. Today's overpaid stars are wimps who most wouldn't think about joining the military not that I support Dubya and the war anyway.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You too Gemmy

She may be 4th but hmmmm.....I'ld hit it!

BTW, the list of athletes that served during WWII and Korea is pretty large.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    How about a Danica "I'd hit it even if I was fourth" set?
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    And back to ya.
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Same to you Gemmy
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<BTW, the list of athletes that served during WWII and Korea is pretty large.>>

How about a set of players who both were stars and served in the Military, like Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, and Bob Feller? Or how about just Hall of Famers?
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<BTW, the list of athletes that served during WWII and Korea is pretty large.>>

how about a set of players who both were stars and served in the Military, lie Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, and Bob Feller? Or how about just Hall of Famers? >>

You can add Hank Greenberg and Jerry Coleman to that listimage

Steve
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemmy

Here's a link to the list of HOF'ers who served in the military during war. It would be hard to find any HOF'ers serving after Korea?

mike

edit: perhaps there should be a memorial day list to those who posted at CU and are no longer with us?
    Vargha...you are still remembered.

Mike
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Gemeister - nice sentiment...weak post. Hope you flew the flag today. Mine flies 24/7 since our men have gone to battle.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Yep, we fly the flag 24/7 except when it rains of course. I support our TROOPS 100%. How I feel about why they are over there is another story. I rather not discuss it in a CU forum. Instead I rather spam the board with Pro-Yankee posts. image
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Good man Gemmy. Assume you have one of these fluttering also??

PS - nice try. Hope you flew your American flag at half staff until noon today. I fly my flag 24/7, despite weather conditions, as it is a polyester all-weather flag that I illuminate at all times.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

Besides the US flag, my house is one big Yankee flag. LOL. I have a good ole fashioned American flag.