Home Sports Talk
Options

my d@mn Mets!!

kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
7-2 against the fish this year so far!!

2-7 against the braves this year so far!!

doesnt make sense to me. it has to be mental?? bc in my opionion the fish are a lot better then the braves.

mets just cant seem to buy a victory here in atlanta!

well only 2 games out now!! phillies last place only 4 games out. TALK ABOUT A GREAT DIVISION RACE THIS YEAR STAY TUNED!

Comments

• Options
    I can't figure Piazza out. Some games are multi-hit. Other (many) games, he can't buy a hit.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I can't figure Piazza out. Some games are multi-hit. Other (many) games, he can't buy a hit. >>

He needs to go DH in the AL...he is going to just make his knees worse playing in the field every day...its been what, 2 weeks since an RBI for him?

And yes, the Braves own the mets mentally...on paper the mets should rock them. Just like Indy is owned by the Pats, etc .
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Good job by the Mets so far this weekend - I stand by what I said earlier this year, they are the best team in New York. Pedro pitched a gem yesterday - they just need someone (maybe Benson?) to step up and be the #2 on the staff.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    about piazza the sad thing is mets dont have any other option behind the plate right now.

he will finish this year as a met then i dont know. mets have nothing in minors ready to catch.

Ohh Jersey or kobe?? Do you guys miss matsui being gone? I dont!

ctoxfan benson is showing signs of stepping up to be that # 2... will shall see.
  • Options
    Maybe Trachsel would be a good #2. In the past, he's done well after an absence.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    its funny someone had a post about teams already out of the division race....Phils got right back in this one...of course
    since I mentioned it they will lose their next 5!

JS
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Break up da Phils!!!! image
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    I'd take Cairo in a heartbeat over Bustui, i mean Matsui . How come our Matsui didn't turn out like the other Matsui ? lol

Before last nights game Piazza had only 5 opposite field hits so far this year. Everyone knows that Piazza's been a terrific opposite field hitter his entire carrer. Last night every hit but one i believe he took the other way. When he has struggled this year it's been when he pulls off the ball instead of trying to go up the middle or go the other way