Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Ebay SPAMMING

I wanted to contact a ebay member i knew would be interested in my mantle but dont have their real email....i was about to use contact member but got live help on there to make sure i was within the rules .....they told me that that was spamming.... I guess...but how else do I get in contact with them???..suks I think....I thought spam was MASS emails..not ONE.

I was wrong...

loth

Comments

• CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Hey Ryan,
    Sometimes when I sell cards on ebay I will email people who have bought similar stuff previously to let them know I have more up for sale. Technically I guess it's spamming, but if it's correctly targeted I don't think people will mind. For example I just listed a new batch of 91 Topps Desert Shieldf cards and I let the people know who bid on more than one from my last batch. I'll let you know if I hear from ebay.

Lee
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    yeah let me know in the next 4 days...5 days left on the auction.

thanks bro
    loth
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wanted to contact a ebay member i knew would be interested in my mantle but dont have their real email....i was about to use contact member but got live help on there to make sure i was within the rules .....they told me that that was spamming.... I guess...but how else do I get in contact with them???..suks I think....I thought spam was MASS emails..not ONE.

I was wrong...

loth >>

Listing your mantle card for sale on four different forums is probably considered spamming......
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

point well taken....sorry for the previous outburst.

my thoughts were simply...being a long time board member things are best shared with friends...IF i had made an account to simply ADVERTISE....i indeed should be frowned on. The fact that I am known here I felt that I could post without problem my new auction. It got great comments on the sports talk board...apprently it was not as well taken on these boards. I apologize.

Loth
  • TipemTipem Posts: 881

I get contacted all the time by people trying to sell me cards from the set that I am building.I wouldn't worry too much and just do it.If the guy you are trying to contact is selling anything,put in a bid on any of his auctions and then use the "contact the seller" feature.I have done that before.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
    I apologize for my outburst..I too must heed my own advice and not take the comments on these boards personal...I am sorry for my comment and will erase it.

Loth
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete