Home PSA Set Registry Forum

PSA 91 Topps Desert Shield cards on ebay- spam.....

Sorry to litter the boards, but if anyone is trying to put a registry set of 1991 Topps Desert Shield together, I just put over 60 cards on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZfeartheterps

Thanks,

Lee

Comments

• CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Thanks etown.

After reading some of the threads on spamming in this forum, I hope you guys won't be too mad about this thread. I usually post on the Sportscard and Memorablilia forum and over there it's ok every now and then for a regular poster to throw some spam in the pot if the cards are known to draw interest. If that's not the case here, I apologize.

Lee

• Lee, Since you are not suppose to spam your cards... thought I would do it for you! image :-)

PSA 1991 TOPPS Desert Cards ending today...
    THANKS,

...1991 TOPPS Desert Shield Baseball Card Collector
    .....Since 1991 HOOAH!

S1991TOPPS@aol.com ">myemailaddress
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    Spam all ya want..dont bother me....we look at these posts to get info...if bring up a topic about ebay sales going on doesnt interest anybody nobody would look....otherwise no new topics would be up....just cause somebody spams doesnt mean a space is used.... Look at my mantle auction..oh wait...its gone....no biggie!!!

loth
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    how many are in a complete set??

loth

• Thanks for the reply. 792 Cards with checklists... I think Lee did pretty good on his PSA cards. I miss it ... work called!

Lee, How did you do?
    THANKS,

...1991 TOPPS Desert Shield Baseball Card Collector
    .....Since 1991 HOOAH!

S1991TOPPS@aol.com ">myemailaddress

• What are so special about these 91 cards?

• Some one is asking 400 for a Juan's card? image
  • phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭

<< <i>Lee, How did you do? >>

I'd say he did pretty well.
    No complaints at all. The only card that disappointed me was the Alex Fernandez RC PSA 9 for 3.25. He had some great years and I thought he had at least a little following but I guess not. The ones that were the most surprising were:

Canseco PSA 9- $51
    Matt Williams PSA 9- $29
    Ron Kittle PSA 9- $25 ????
    Kent HrBek PSA 9- $34 ????

Apparently there are Kittle collectors- I had no idea. I know it's a 1/1 but so is Saberhagen and he only got $6, and his career was infinitely better than Kittle's. The Bonds, Clemens, and Unit all brought about what I thought they would. I think what helped me here was selling them all at once. There's at least three guys who are putting together sets that bid on these, and it definitely makes it easier to buy as many as you can from one guy. All in all I broke 12 packs and after grading made a few hundred bucks, plus a Ripken for my collection. I also have another Bonds that's going back to PSA for resubmission- I'm hoping for an 8.

Lee
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    great job. i wish i would have known about the 4 card jordan lot... image did you get a box of 88-89 fleer?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • gmoneystylesgmoneystyles Posts: 349 ✭✭
    Did your buyer of the Kitlle hail from Edmonton? He was well liked here, came up with the Edmonton Trappers AAA
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.

• << <i> Ron Kittle PSA 9- $25 ????

Apparently there are Kittle collectors- I had no idea.

Lee >>

Kittle's been in the news lately Link
    Maybe that's why?

Brian
    Kittle was actually one of the most touted rookies in the early 80s but never really panned out. Although he did play for about 10 years and was a solid player.

ld, I did buy an 88/89 Fleer box, but 10 packs into it I realized centering was all over the place (worse than usual) and sold the rest as packs.

Lee