Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Partial box break results

Finally after about 3 years of holding on to a 64 High number box, I got around to seriously going through it. I had already pulled 10 to 15 cards and had them sent in some time ago but this is the majority of the remainder. There are probably 8's still left to be pulled but I will save that for next time.
These were all checked for centering only. Since they were fresh from a box, I spot checked corners and everything I looked at was nice. I did not sort for surface wrinkles and a couple of the cards showed that. Otherwise, probably OK. Many cards were oc on the back. A smaller percentage on the front. Most of the higher $ cards were oc and not 8 material. Everything measured a strict 8 but the ones that came back 7 were marginal and probably got dinged for eye appeal. Paid about $8k for the box from Lelands and still have a lot of very nice, if not slightly oc cards. Nothing is for sale.
Just sharing,
Fuzz

Invoice 573534 Zip 85248
Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.

Comments

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. Some nice results. Was it a vending or wax box? I recall a few vending boxes they sold a few years back. Did you get any star cards? If so, how did they grade? Are you happy with the results vs what you paid?
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Fuzz - very excellent. Those 9s and 10s should help ease the pain a bit. Was this a straight high number box or one of those cut boxes? I understand there are "red" boxes and "blue" boxes.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    How did the stars grade?
  • ajetfanajetfan Posts: 229
    Here's a link for your invoice:

Link

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1980 Topps PSA 9 # 268 (1/2), 305 (1/2), 342 (1/4), 349 (1/1) and 398 (1/3) on ebay
  • jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Those 10s are gonna drop some jaws on the Bay, if that's that you're planning. Too bad the Niekro rookie's not a 9 or 10!
  • This was a red vending box. It had between 4 and 7 of each card from about 488 up. The stars, which aren't too frequent in this series were mostly oc's. Good enough for 7's but few 8's. I actually paid a little less than than book NM on a per card basis so all those oc's that pan out as 7's are pretty much break even for me. Anything above a 7 is good. Glad I did it. Had some fun a still have a lot of nice raw cards left.
    None will be for sale but I will stick these aside for a set I have been thinking about doing. If I recall, six Hubbs all about a 7 and seven Niekros all about the same as the one graded ( a 7). No complaints. You always hope the stars are perfect but they usually aren't. Most breaks you get your tush handed to you, this one will be profitable from a "book value" stand point so no complaint.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • :Beatingheart
    FUZZ !!!!!! How much for the Horton/Sparma RC in PSA 9?
    email please!
    Thanks,
    Tony
    aka KalineFan
  • Tony,
    hate to break your hearts but for the third time in this thread, none of the cards are or will be for sale.
    Fuzz
  • Congrats Fuzz
    Now since your getting back into baseball again will you sell me your football image
  • Skinsfan,
    Not really getting back into BB just grading some cards that had been in the house for a few years. Taking advantage of the specials as they arise. Got a few more stacks waiting as well. There were eight other submissions in the groups as well and there was plenty of FB I assure you.
    Have always had more BB than FB even in slabs. Will probably always stay that way, just don't have a lot of my BB listed. But don't worry, I do list the equity in your house on my financial statements in place of several cards sets.
    Fuzz