Home Stamps Forum
Options

This kind of sucks...but maybe not...

I just got this today from the Stamp and Coin Department at Marshall Field's. Usually, they put a bunch of odds and ends stamps on, but I've never seen them use a plate block before. I guess it's not a high value item, but I'd still rather have given it a nice home than have it end up like this. On the other hand, though, It got to fulfill its purpose, so that's kind of cool. So, making lemons into lemonade, I'll be soaking this one off, and placing it along with the others. I hope the mint condition blocks don't get TOO jealous image

Comments

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Hey, if you're ever short of postage, it looks like 2 from the block and the airmail can be reused. Still a cool find; usually the mail sorters always rip up the right edge.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    You're right. For a plate block to be saved for 30+ years and then be mailed, it's sad.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    They got gobs of this stuff and use it on purpose in the hopes of stirring up interest. Who has a plate block like yours now with the top 2 stamps cancelled? That's pretty cool if you think about it!!

Jerry