Home Sports Talk

Will A-Rod Being on the Same Team Hurt Jeter's Chance for the Hall of Fame?

I think not. Of course, A-Rod is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. Although A-Rod has superior offensive statistics, assuming good health, Jeter will have 3,000+ Career Hits, a shoe in statistic. In fact if Jeter remains with the Yankees through the rest of his career, which I think he will, he will be the first Yankee to accomplish all 3,000 hits while on the Yankees. That's right, that is something not even Ruth, DiMaggio, or Mantle accomplished. Also one can not dismiss Jeter's intangibles in the playoffs and World Series, his 4 World Series Rings (and maybe more to come), and his leadership.

Remember, no matter how good A-Rod is, Jeter still Da Leader

Comments

• DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    No...but Arod is a lock and Jeter is not.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Face it - it's a Hall of Fame. Not a Hall of Yankees.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    they both get in
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>they both get in >>

I wish PED users would just get passed by every year by the HOF voters.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are both shoe in's! Yankee haters.......GET OVER IT!!!!!image
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    If Rose can't get in, then anyone involved in PEDs shouldn't get in. PEDs hurt the integrity of the game WAY more than Rose did.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Players even associated with PEDs are going to be left out. Some writers (Michael Bradley) don't want anyone that even played during that time to get in, including Rivera, Griffey, Thomas, Thome, Randy Johnson, etc...
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think not. Of course, A-Rod is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. Although A-Rod has superior offensive statistics, assuming good health, Jeter will have 3,000+ Career Hits, a shoe in statistic. In fact if Jeter remains with the Yankees through the rest of his career, which I think he will, he will be the first Yankee to accomplish all 3,000 hits while on the Yankees. That's right, that is something not even Ruth, DiMaggio, or Mantle accomplished. Also one can not dismiss Jeter's intangibles in the playoffs and World Series, his 4 World Series Rings (and maybe more to come), and his leadership.

Remember, no matter how good A-Rod is, Jeter still Da Leader

image >>

I've argued on behalf of intangible here many times before. Just a heads up, this logic will usually bring out the Sabre-geeks in swarms. They will tell you that Jeter's intangibles and leadership and what they do off the field doesn't matter. They will replace all of that will WAR and the cube root of RBI against pitchers when the temperature is between 55 and 78.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Jeter is much more of a shoe-in for HOF than ARod.

The writers will NOT vote for players who have been found guilty of using PEDs.

Jeter is a perfect example of a player who should gain admittance in spite of his numbers. He just does too many things in terms of leadership and has a high baseball IQ.

It hurts me to say that - I'm a Rays fan :-P

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Jeter is a perfect example of a player who should gain admittance in spite of his numbers. >>

Good god, he gets in on his numbers -- nobody with 3,000+ hits is NOT in the hall that I know of. Plus a lifetime BA of .313? Any writer who does not vote him in on the first ballot is a moron (like the 2 idiots who left Henderson off).

• << <i>

Good god, he gets in on his numbers -- nobody with 3,000+ hits is NOT in the hall that I know of. >>

Rafael Palmeiro wishes he was in.
  • How many hits do you think Jeter will end up with in his career?

I think Jeter right now is #15 all time. Another 80 hits this season, and 2 more seasons of 170, would put him at 3,600, 5th all time!
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>

<< <i>

Good god, he gets in on his numbers -- nobody with 3,000+ hits is NOT in the hall that I know of. >>

Rafael Palmeiro wishes he was in. >>

Bazinga!
  • NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Jeter is a perfect example of a player who should gain admittance in spite of his numbers. >>

Good god, he gets in on his numbers -- nobody with 3,000+ hits is NOT in the hall that I know of. Plus a lifetime BA of .313? Any writer who does not vote him in on the first ballot is a moron (like the 2 idiots who left Henderson off). >>

I worded that poorly. What I meant was, the intangibles that he brings to the field warrant his induction, even without looking at his numbers.
  • ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Derek Jeter is a first ballot HOF at this time. ARod is not due to PED use. ARod gets in after Barry Bonds gets in.
  • JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Derek Jeter is a first ballot HOF at this time. ARod is not due to PED use. ARod gets in after Barry Bonds gets in. >>

Agree. I do think Bonds will get in. After that, the gates are basically open.

Justin
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeter is a lock in my opinion.

PED Users should not be eligible unless Rose gets in.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with many statements above.
    jeter is a hof lock and most likely 1st ballot.

Arod although hof numbers cannot be guaranteed the hof votes he will need.

Humble, and still plays as hard as a rookie.....Jeter may be the most popular player of his era.
    The fact that he is having a great year and showing he is still far from done.

Arod isn't even liked by many yankee fans. Go get-em Achoke !!

The Ped's may keep all of them out.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Jeters only 400 HRs behind A-Rod but he probably has time to catch up.