Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

This is not the SPAM board

no big deal, it just seems that every fourth post is someone spamming their ebay auctions. If we all did this, this board would be a mess.

There is a buy/sell/trade board for this.

Comments

• Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529

<< <i>no big deal, it just seems that every fourth post is someone spamming their ebay auctions. If we all did this, this board would be a mess.

There is a buy/sell/trade board for this. >>

Or they could put it on the Vintage board if the cards are Vintage. I very seldom look at the buy/sell/trade board.
  • Options
    JrMacdaddyJrMacdaddy Posts: 506 ✭✭
    or if they are graded and could be added to people's registry sets.
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

or if they are graded and could be added to people's registry sets.

No, I disagree, this is not the place for selling..... if you want to sell or spam try the Buy/Sell/Trade or Vintage Boards

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>or if they are graded and could be added to people's registry sets.

No, I disagree, this is not the place for selling..... if you want to sell or spam try the Buy/Sell/Trade or Vintage Boards >>

Are you running for moderator?

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Interchanges is right - those posts seem a lot more prevalent here lately, and perhaps the people putting them here don't know that there are other forums for spam. He makes a good point.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Agree...there are specific selling boards. Let's keep this one for Registry related topics guys.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Spam got to be a big problem a long time ago when the registry started, mostly people looking for certain cards.

PSA was nice enough to add a vintage trading forum since a lot of people asked for it.

Its just common courtesy really.

Some spectacular rare card or a large group of cards could be OK as long as they could spark a nice discussion about the card or the set, but its just annoying to see people buying /selling psa 6 commons

The moderator used to be a little more on top of it...same with the sport posts, there is a forum for that as well.

Im glad other people feel that spam its not welcome.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Agreed. If anyone needs these cards they're going to do an ebay search anyway, which renders the posts useless.

I would also vote for a moratorium on 'PRO grading' posts, but I have a feeling I'd be voted down.

• Options
    Your right. We agreed long ago that the only spam allowed on this board was for full or nearly 100% complete PSA graded sets.
    Jeremy
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    i got yer spam right here..and a Tommy Bahama shirt I'll throw in.

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Who cares...pass it by if you don't want to be bothered. At least this generated a guest response from murcerfan.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    That's it.. I'm moving to Hawaii where I can eat my spam and wear my Tommy Bahama's in peace.

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Just for the sake of a good romp, I'll point out that four anti-spam posters in this thread advertise their auctions, their internet store, and their offers-to-buy in their sigs. If you count my sig listing what I collect, that's five. Fire away.
  • Options
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    The fact is that Interchanges is right. This is not a forum designed for selling. Rationalize and "poke fun" all you want but his point is simply irrefutable. I personally find the increase in SPAM threads annoying. That doesn't mean that I find the folks posting such threads annoying though. Still, this forum would be better served without the SPAM IMHO. What if I started posting ads concerning my business? I know that is a stretch but it is certainly not beyond the realm of possibility. In any case, just my two cents.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    MURCERFAN - What state does eat the most Spam? ...jay
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I would guess Hawaii (at least per capita).
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭

<< <i>I would guess Hawaii (at least per capita). >>

I would not be surprised. Every ABC store in Honolulu (one per block, almost) has hot spam sandwiches to go.
  • Options

I don't see anything wrong with them. This forum wouldn't ever get any posts, if it wasn't for the spam posts.

Keep them coming!

I don't have a problem with the ones who list the word spam in the titles. I just skip over them if I am not buying.
  • Options
    I don't know which state eats the most Spam, but I'll bet Detroit eats enopugh for the state of Mich.
    (any "meat" that is shaped like the container is was packaged in is disgusting)

Murcer~~is that a fake Tommy Bahama?
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    What has people listing all their auctions in here, and not in the BST forum?

Leave the registry forum for discussions revolving set registries and use the BST forum for your auctions and whatnot. Is it really that difficult a guideline to follow, and does anyone think they are going to get more action from posting it twice?

Use some common courtesy and everyone gets along better.