Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help Report this scum to ebay before he rips off more people

This id antia2005 bought a few reprints from efigures (just recently un-NARUed) & jenijen20 (NARU)

I think ebay will actually do something if several people report them....

Turns around and is selling them as the real thing (after finding them in a home he recently purchased)

Example 1
BenchSold

A few weeks ago :
BenchBought

Example 2

64MantleSold

A few weeks ago :
64MantleBought

His current auctions :
antia2005
Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri

Comments

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Tried to contact the winning member, but it say unable to display page?? Maybe my settings.

Stingray
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< (PICTURES OF THE HOME AND CIGAR BOX ARE AVAILABLE) >>>

Yea, that builds confidence knowing that he has a picture of the cigar box!

Good detective work on this.
  • Look what else he has sold recently....we should all contact the winning bidders...

CompletedAuctions

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • I tried sending out mails to some of the recent winners, but ebay says i reached the limit of mails that i could send out in a given day after i sent out 3?

• Man, it really is sad that there are people like that out there... Just pathetic.

Ty Hope
    Ty Hope (cantstopthehope@hotmail.com)
  • Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

• KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    jenijen20 - Not a registered user
  • How come he has no negative feedback from this yet???image
    just started to put together a 1969 topps set. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Can't give negative feedback to someone who isn't a registered user anymore (got kicked off eBay) and everything he sold prior seems fine from just looking at a couple of past auctions.. He just ventured over to the darkside and got squashed by eBay.
  • I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say that he/she does say "this card is being sold as a reprint" in the description for the Mantle and the Rose. With that type of description, the buyer has to bear some responsibility. I'm not so sure eBay will be able to do anything as long as he uses that disclaimer. Just my $0.02. image

Scott

Edited to add: It is lying using the story about the recently purchased house but the disclaimer is there. A good rule of thumb, if that disclaimer is in the listing, it is most definately a reprint.
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets

• True, he does say he is 'selling as a reprint' but eBay does state :

"The sale of unauthorized replicas is illegal, as well as against eBay policy. Sellers who are unsure of the legality or authenticity of their items should not be selling these items on eBay. This policy helps protect buyers from purchasing counterfeit or fraudulent items, helps protect intellectual property rights owners against infringement and helps create a safer marketplace."

I don't think Topps/Bowman are authorizing these laser-printed reprints!

• Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Plus he uses the old line that the card is being sold as a reprint only because its not graded. If in fact he bought the Mantle as a reprint on ebay (I couldn't find his purchase), then he knows that it's a reprint and the "because its not graded" garbage is simply false. Plus, if he bought the Mantle on ebay, then the finding during remodeling line is false as well. But, finding in a box while remodeling will bring higher bids than "I just bought this fake on ebay, and now I want to sell it."
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Liar Liar

"THIS CARD ALONG WITH ALOT MORE CARDS FROM THE '50s AND '60s WHERE FOUND IN THE HOME I JUST PURCHASED BACK IN OCTOBER, WHILE GOING THROUGH THE REMODEL OF THIS VERY OLD HOME, THIS CARD IS BEING LISTED AS A REPRINT BECAUSE IT IS A NON-GRADED CARD."

That is not even being euphemestic regarding card or origin of card, simply false advertising.

Glue Factory is where this seller belongs.

Julen
    ____

RIP GURU
  • Especially when antia2005 does the following :

He bought a Bench whose description was :

"1968 Topps Johnny Bench RC #247 NRMT card. IT IS A REPRINT. AGAIN IT IS A REPRINT. I do not have a digital camera so I cannot take a picture. It does not state reprint or have a sign, and looks very much like the original (size shape color picture), but rest assured it is not."

He sells as :
    "UP FOR AUCTION IS A 1968 TOPPS JOHNNY BENCH ROOKIE CARD, THIS CARD IS IN NEAR MINT CONDITION WITH NO CREASES THIS CARD WAS FOUND IN THE HOME I RECENTLY PURCHASED, THE HOME HAS GREAT DOCUMENTATION AS FAR BACK AS THE EARLY 20'S, (PICTURES AND MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE) AS I WAS REMODELING THE HOME I FOUND A CIGAR BOX WITH LOTS OF 50's & 60's BASEBALL AND FOOTBALL CARDS IN A CLOSET, SO TO ABIDE BY EBAY RULES THIS CARD WILL BE LISTED AS A REPRINT, PLEASE EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS. SHIPPING AND INSURANCE IS $3.00, PLEASE CHECKOUT MY OTHER AUCTIONS........THANKS!!!!!"

• In fact, you can tie in almost all of his large sales to an associated reprint - too suspeicious to be coincidence, i'd say.

62 Mantle
    62Mantle Sold May 9

62Mantle Reprint Bought Apr 1

68 Mantle
    68Mantle Sold May 12

68Mantle Reprint Bought Apr 1

61 Jerry West
    61West Sold May 13

61West Reprint Bought Apr 1

52 Mays
    52Mays Sold May 13

52Mays Reprint Bought Apr 1

Even if there was a chance that Mantle is real, it has been trimmed so much to make the corners square there is hardly any border left!

Stingray

<< <i>Why did you try to make that bench and rose card sound as though you had found them when you had just recently purchased them on ebay. They were listed as reprints, but you try to make them sound authentic, with one line stating reprint. Hope you can sleep at night. >>

Sent to seller. See if I get reply.

Stingray
  • Stingray - yes, let us know if you get something.

The seller is really getting brazen with his :
    "PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR MY OLDER CARDS THAT WERE ON AUCTION IN THE PAST 2-3 WEEKS" description in his 52 Mantle auction!

Here are a couple more shady ones

1. 54 Bowman Mantle
    54 Bowman Mantle Sold May 13

54 Bowman Mantle Bought Apr 1

2. 54 Aaron
    54 Aaron Sold May 14

54 Aaron Bought Apr 1

3. 57 Unitas

57 Unitas Sold May 13

57 Unitas Bought Apr 1

• zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I bet its just a matter of time until we see these pop up.

Shocking

The corners on all of those he already sold look so purpously worn. Someone is gonna be pissed when they buy a 33 goudey Ruth from this guy.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    The "NM 1968 Bench Rookie" only sold for $33, so I don't think he fooled anyone. Since he bought it for less than $6, still a profitable scam. The next guy will make a better sales pitch (found it in my girlfriend's undie drawer?) and maybe get $50. And so on ...

The Goudey set I believe is a legitimate reprint set, which the seller states. I have many reprint sets like that one, and they all say "reprint" on the reverse. The rounded corners are odd in this case. For the buyer to pass them off as real, there will have to be a paper loss on the backs of every card he sells, in the exact same place.
  • I'm very glad that this scammer has been exposed. This happens a lot with the Michael Jordan RC as well, they are a bunch of fakes that don't have *reprint* on the back and then people try to sell them with the exact statement, "I'm listing this as a reprint, even though it doesn't say." This makes the buyer thinking they might be getting the real thing eventhough it isn't (and the seller knows it isn't real). Then they end up getting way more money for selling a $2.00 reprint. I found myself being exposed to this scam with Jordan RC card and I never paid the guy selling it eventhough I knew it was a fake and I could have risked a Non-paying bidder but I didn't care because it was scam from the beginning.

Here's the email's I exchanged with the seller:

Yes, I should have asked these questions earlier before I bid. But I was hoping that this card wasn't a fake. You probably already knew the card was a fake, but you decided to play ignorant.

I don't think it's fair to state that you don't know that it's a reprint, because "You can't tell", is not a good enough description and I will dispute this fact with Ebay. Now that you know it's fake, because I showed you how to tell, you still want to rip me off?

But, you have a choice too, you could re-consider what you are doing. If you know that you might rip someone off, then why do it? This is a question of morals and i'm not going to send you the money because you fully know that the card you were trying to sell as an authentic MJ Fleer Rookie #57 is a good fake and you were trying to see how much you could get for it.

If we tell Ebay this was a mutual mistake, then we both will not be in trouble. If you agree to relist the card as a reprint with the correct information, you will be a better person for it. If you decide to insist that you should be paid $100 for a fake card, then you are crook, a cheat, and a swindler. And I am a non-paying bidder because of that.

Good Luck.

Christopher Matson <chris_top_her_18@hotmail.com> wrote:
    So you decided to take the chance and back out ? you should of asked the
    questions before you bid. so if you arent going to pay then face the
    consequences. let me know what you decide.

chris

Reply-To: wrxncrew-2003@yahoo.com
    To: Christopher Matson
    Subject: RE: Question about payment for item #5186323216 - Michael Jordan Rc
    rookie 1986 fleer Bulls 86 mint
    Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:50:27 -0700 (PDT)

Then, I'm not going to risk paying $100 for a potential reprint where I can
    buy one for less than $5. You should be able to tell by looking at the
    card, this is not an opinion, it is a fact. I'll take the risk of getting a
    non-paying bidder then due to the controversy surrounding this card. If you
    don't know how to tell, then you shouldn't be playing dumb, "I can't tell if
    it's a reprint", and not sell this item. Please look here for more
    information: http://www.beckett.com/news/index2.asp?a=3357

Christopher Matson wrote:
    Everyones opinion would be different on looking at the card. You can examine
    it when you recieve the card.

thanks

chris

Reply-To: wrxncrew-2003@yahoo.com
    To: Christopher Matson
    Subject: RE: Question about payment for item #5186323216 - Michael Jordan Rc
    rookie 1986 fleer Bulls 86 mint
    Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:44:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Christopher,
    I will send you payment, but can you do me a favor? Can you examine the
    back of the card on the bull's face and can you tell me if the lines are
    very clearly defined and not broken or spotty. Also, the bull's eyes should
    be clean with being able to see the white's of it's eyes. Can you confirm
    that for me?

Thanks,
    Kenley

Christopher Matson wrote:
    I do not accept pay pal like stated in the auction. A money order will be
    fine ...
    please include your address with payment as well. Sorry i do not have any
    enlarged photos of the card. I had to scan it at the library and they werent
    to happy about that. Thanks
    Will send out card as soon as payment is received.

chris
  • Ebay removed this seller's current auctions...let's see if a NARU is on the horizon!

• He even has the "Jesus Christ is the way" in the auction! there ya go again!!! bringin in the lord to let down your guard!!! I'm telling you guys, if you see any mention of the lord in any auction RUN!!!!!!

GG
  • brianwintersfanbrianwintersfan Posts: 3,626 ✭✭
    The Rose rookies look to be two different cards.Look at the l/r centering.Each card looks to be different.
    Still people like this need to be stopped a.s.a.p.!!!
  • The seller just got his first negative on the 55 Clemente...

• jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭

<< <i>The seller just got his first negative on the 55 Clemente... >>

The round corners look snipped rather than "worn" on the fake Clemente. I feel bad for the guy who spent $200+ on a beat-up reprint. I hope he doesn't make up some story and do the same thing to another poor schmuck.
  • He picked up two more negatives today - I think he's toast. The buyers if they paid via paypal/credit card should be alright though...

• what an ass this seller is! getting the negatives is going to make him go private with hidden feedback soonimage
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< Reply by antia2005: IT CLEARLY SAYS IN THE AUCTION, CARD IS LISTED AS A REPRINT. YOU CANNOT READ! >>>

Look at one of the replies to a neg from this little scamming punk. Unfortunately, the buyer could read and fell for the lying con job from this seller.
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    if you see any mention of the lord in any auction RUN!!!!!!

• That e-mail exchange posted above (by 1bbnerd) has NOTHING to do with the seller in question. Check out the item #5186323216. Link

That seller is "topher_20," not "antia2005."

I think we should be very careful before we trash the reputation of a seller (and I'm not saying either seller is necessarily honest).

• antia2005 - NARU!