Home Stamps Forum

Questions about 39 "George Washington" Stamps issued from 1929-1986.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is my first time on the stamp forum. Ifocus on coin collecting, however today I picked up a Postal Commemorative Society Album titled "The George Washington Uncirculated U.S. Quarter-Dollar Coin Collection". In addition to Washington Quarters from 1950-1990, it has 39 unpostmarked stamps centered around George Washington. The stamps were made between 1929 and 1986.

For all of you stamp collectors out there in forumland, I am curious about whether these stamps are run of the mill common stamps with little value in the stamp collecting hobby or whether any of them are rare/have value.

The stamps all appear to be in mint condition. I have about 10 minutes to spare on this post and will list some of the stamps now (with the rest posted later) They are:

5 cent stamp issued 1-1-1932 with a portrait of Washington by Charles Peale, blue in color;

7 cent stamp issued 1-1-1932 with a portrait of Washington by John Trumball, black in color;

3 cent stamp issued 6-16-1932 with a portrait of Washington by Gilbert Stuart, purple in color;

25 cent stamp issued 4-16-1989 to commemorate the 2200 anniversary of the executive branch with a portrait of Washington;

4 cent stamp issued 1-1-1932 with a protrait of Washington by Charles Polk, brown in color;

3 cent stamp issued 11-22-1950 with a depiction of the U.S. Capital, light purple in color;

1 cent stamp issued 4-25-1938 with a profile of Washington, green in color;

5 cent stamp issued 11-23-1962 with a portrait of Washington, dark blue or black in color.

Thanks for your input. I will post descriptions of more stamps later.

Comments

• dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Welcome to the Stamp Forum.

None would be considered rare. Unfortunately there very few US stamps after 1932 that are worth much.

Did you check the 1950 quarter for the s/d or d/s? It would be nice if they also gave you a nice gem bu 1982P.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT.

I forgot to post info on the other stamps. In fact I have not looked at the stamps since my initial post.

Is there any stamp price guide comparable to the grey sheet or blue sheet pricing guides for coins?
  • The Stamp Market Quarterly from PSE lists realistic values but it is for graded stamps. I doubt if any of these have enough value to fuss with looking up. You probably have 5 or 6 bucks worth of stamps there depending on who you sell to. Someone might be interested in the whole set together though.