Home Sports Talk
Options

Cubs Fans Hate Jeff Gordon?

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
What's this about...Jeff Gordon in to do the 7th inning stretch, and he gets booed so loudly he can't even sing?

Lame.

Comments

• Options
    Axtell,

When your objective is to simply go to a game to get as drunk as one possibly can, then one cannot be surprised by the actions of these idiots. BTW, IMO, they are not Cubs fans, but merely Wrigley fans.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

He blew the words and called it "Wrigley Stadium." This wasn't a spur of the moment thing. He talked about it last Saturday night before the race. At least he could have prepared.

Link to Gordon video

Cubs fans boo Jeff Gordon's busted song

Chicago Cub fans booed NASCAR star Jeff Gordon's rendition of 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' on Tuesday night.

Gordon started off on a much different pace than the organ, then forgot the words, or didn't know them to begin with. He had admitted before the game that he didn't know the lyrics.

Many fans at Wrigley Field began booing Gordon in the middle of the song. The booing lasted until the end of the song, and beyond.
  • Options

<< <i>He blew the words and called it "Wrigley Stadium." This wasn't a spur of the moment thing. He talked about it last Saturday night before the race. At least he could have prepared.

Link to Gordon video

Cubs fans boo Jeff Gordon's busted song

Chicago Cub fans booed NASCAR star Jeff Gordon's rendition of 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' on Tuesday night.

Gordon started off on a much different pace than the organ, then forgot the words, or didn't know them to begin with. He had admitted before the game that he didn't know the lyrics.

Many fans at Wrigley Field began booing Gordon in the middle of the song. The booing lasted until the end of the song, and beyond. >>

If that is the case, then it is a different story, but I still stick to my comment that many of those Wrigley fans are idiots. I'll have to watch the video at home where I don't have a firewall ;(

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Yeah I heard the whole thing today...guess when he called it "Wrigley Stadium" that really set people off...I don't think he forgot the words as the people booing him almost immediately threw him off.

After hearing the whole 'stadium' thing, it sounds completely warranted.