Home Sports Talk

Da Yanks are Back!!!

14 out of the last 16 games the Yanks have won. A-Rod is hot as hell. So is Posada. That Rookie kid Cano is doing very well. Just in time for Bosox.

I had Season Tickets to Saturday's Yanks-Bosox game but unfortunately I can not go so I sold them to my brother.

Comments

• So, what else is new! How can you possibly be impressed with a team that spends $208 million/year? It just isn't impressive to me.

BTW: You should have given the tickets to your brother and not sold them to him.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    True the Yanks spend the big buckos but as a Mets fan you know Big Buckos don't always mean good teams. Remember Alomar, Mo Vaughn, Rickey Henderson, Bonilla TWICE, and the list goes on and on? And how much are you guys spending this year? I gave them to my brother last year. Hell, scalpers are selling these tickets for $700 and I sold him them for cost. He could scalp them and make money. LOL.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And how much are you guys (Mets) spending this year? >>

1 New York Yankees $208,306,817
    2 Boston Red Sox $123,505,125
    3 New York Mets $101,305,821

Yaaay! We won again! We have been on FIRE for the last two weeks, 3 games over .500, and still only tied 3rd place.

With a payroll like that (largest EVER is US sports history), you should win EVERY game.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
    Sorry resurrecting an old thread but what were you saying Gemmy?

MUWAHAHAHAHA!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    They are back! Back behind the 'ol woodshed...
    Yanks lose, again.

1 New York Yankees $208,306,817
    27 Milwaukee Brewers $39,934,833

Ouch...