Home Autographs Forum
Options

Could somebody PM me and walk me thorugh a pSA/DNA submission?

I have about 10 things, cards, exhibits, 3x5's I wanted to send in. I want the cards to receive grades as well. Can you send these to Newport beach for 20 bucks? Authentication and grades?

Comments

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hi,

Have you checked out the website? Whose signatures do you have?

Best,
    Billy
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hi,
    here you go - this may help:

Best,
    Billy

FAQ - http://www.psadna.com/faq.chtml

Submission Center - http://www.psadna.com/submission_center.chtml

Fee Schedule - http://www.psadna.com/fees.chtml

Online Submission Form - http://www.psadna.com/submission_form.chtml

Submission Center
    It's easy to get your autographed memorabilia PSA/DNA Authenticated. Simply follow the Five Submission Steps below:

Step 1: Autograph Confirmation
    Confirm that your autograph(s) is/are listed on the PSA/DNA Authentication Fee Schedule. If your autograph is not listed, please call to verify.

Step 2: Complete Submission Form
    Complete and print the PSA/DNA Online Submission Form.

Step 3: Print Submission Form
    Fully complete all requested fields on the submission form. Use one copy for your submission and retain one copy for your records.

Step 4: Packing Your Submission
    Place your collectible in a box large enough to prevent content shifting and damage. Use bubble wrap to protect the item from movement and foam pellets to secure the item safely inside. Include a copy of your submission form and payment for the service. Seal the outside package with durable post office accepted tape. Finally, shake the box to ensure that the item is safely secured inside box.

Step 5: Shipping to PSA/DNA
    We accept packages from United States Postal Service (USPS) and Federal Express (FedEx). We do not accept packages sent through United Parcel Service (UPS), DHL, or any other carrier.

Ship your item to:
    Via United States Postal Service (USPS):

PSA/DNA
    P.O. Box 6180
    Newport Beach, CA 92658

Via FedEx (Express Service):

PSA/DNA
    700 East Alton
    Santa Ana, CA 92705

FedEx (Ground Service only):

PSA/DNA
    1921 E. Alton Ave. Suite 100
    Santa Ana, CA 92705
  • Options
    TomTimTomTim Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    I'm just wrapping up my first submission, and I found it pretty confusing. The psacard site says they will encapsulate cards, 3x5s, etc. for $20. I couldn't tell if the authentication fee for a 3x5 included encapsulation or if you had to pay the authentication fee +$20. So if I have a Jackie Robinson cut that I want encapsulated, is it $100 for the whole thing? or $120? I emailed info@collectors.com and they didn't understand my question. I replied to clarify and received an Out of Office Autoreply, so I sent my clarified question back to info. Before I received a response, I called PSA and was told that the authentication fee included encapsulation (Jackie would be $100). Within a few hours I received an email reply from a different person and he told me that it would be $20 extra for encapsulation (Jackie would be $120). Then I received a reply from the "Out of Office" guy and he said encapsulation was included. I decided to go with the majority and sent a $100 payment. Here's how the rest went:
    1. The post office says the items were delivered to PSA on 4/4/05. I received no communication from them until they informed me that my submission was received on 05/02/2005. 8 of the items were to be encapsulated. 5 of them were not.
    2. On 5/14 I received the 5 non-encapsulated items. I wanted to quickly list them on ebay, but when I checked the certification database, they were not listed.
    3. On 5/17 I emailed info again and asked why the items were not in the database. The reply: "We are updating the website as fast as we can."
    4. On 5/23 my encapsulated items showed up in the psacard submission status database as having completed the authentication process. I checked the psadna certification database and these 8 items were listed, but the 5 items I received a week earlier were still not listed.
    5. I replied to info and cc'd Joe Orlando that I was pretty upset that they couldn't type in 5 numbers any quicker for $100 per item.
    6. Today, all of the items show up in the certification database.

One more thing I'm not really crazy about. I sent in several multi-signature items. One autograph sheet has about 20 100-win signatures on it. In the certification database it shows up like this:
    Athlete/Celebrity: 100 WINS CLUB
    Item: TEAM SHEET
    Manufacturer: unmarked
    Authentication Date: 05/23/2005
    Notes: Signatures include Hall of Fame inductees Dizzy Dean, Sandy Koufax and Lefty Gomez
    Number of Signatures: 3

If I saw this in the database, I would assume that the item only included 3 signatures. Or I might assume that only three of the signatures were authenticated? Does this imply that the other 17 signatures were added after authentication? Or does it mean that the other 17 are judged non-authentic?

I'm just hoping that these encapsulated autos make it home safely and I can list them quickly and recoup these fees.

Not a pleasant first experience with PSA/DNA.

Hope this helps.
    TomTim