Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

More Insanely Toned Raw Lincolns and a couple of Toned Raw Franklins For Your Viewing Pleasure! Lots

Here's the rest of the rolls from the same bank box with a roll of toned franklins in the mix.

Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com

Comments

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Cool.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting images, Brandon. It's rare to see these still in the mint roll, where you know for sure it is the roll that caused the toning and it is still intact. Most times you see these after they have been ripped apart and slabbed up. Very cool image
  • Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    What years did the MINT actually roll coins? I thought that they never rolled coins.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Holy #$^@#%

CHA CHING for someone.
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    WOW! Very nice. If for some reason you do break up the rolls, these pictures should help in the sale. You just don't see them in their original state like this very often.
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    Man......would ya look at those......mmmmmm couple of those are very yummy!

PURPLE!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!! If I didnt see them in the mint roll I would say definately AT. Now I am only 50% sureimage
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Sweet Franklin Roll.....I want it!
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    Thanks Brandon!

He sent me the "insides" of one of these Lincoln rolls. The rims of these coins are really cool. They are green, purple and pink like the pictures!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Brandon!

He sent me the "insides" of one of these Lincoln rolls. The rims of these coins are really cool. They are green, purple and pink like the pictures! >>

How cool is that?? Post pics when you can
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    Schwing.
  • Options
    Me thinks they had help...ie the climate in which they were stored or something put on the paper rolls but........I don't know that for certain.....all I know is I have seen thousands of rolls from the 1960's and none of them had those intense colors.

Either way I would still purchase them as the colors are quite attractive. Have you sent any in for certification? I don't think these would get bagged for some reason.
  • Options
    HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    Bestcloser recently purchased a couple, and they were slabbed.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    That is some neat toning on those Lincolns!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Oh, I get it....I'm not in the circle of crust and when I showed a bunch of wheaties that looked identical to those....everyone claimed environmental damage.

sheesh......
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Oh, I get it....I'm not in the circle of crust and when I showed a bunch of wheaties that looked identical to those....everyone claimed environmental damage.

Many folks also thought that about these. I had 2 sent to PCGS which came back MS62 and 2 to NGC and they came back MS65 and MS63. The rest were sold in their original rolls to one person. I only submitted 4 for grading (2 at each service) and all 4 were slabbed. There's no reason to believe that these were helped or environmentally damaged. They just ended up being stored in a place with the right conditions.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Brandon.image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    I will have to do some better pics but here is the rev on a '57 D that I posted a while back...

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a coin that just sold on the BST

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    gemtone65gemtone65 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭
    Brandon: Forget about the coins -- how much for the wrappers?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file