Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My Kingdom for a 1962 Topps Foytack?

Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello All.

Am nearing completion of the 1962 Topps Baseball Registry Set (Basic - M. Toohey's) and am finding the wisdom in past threads - particularly wherein some posters lament that the last 10% of a registry set tends to take as long as the first 90%. So true.

My question for the group is this - what do you all think is the likelihood of the "tough" higher grade commons of the "tough" sets (like '62) to retain their value (not necessarily SMR). Those of you who have seen some epic bidding wars ending in the $200 - $275 range for a few PSA 8 1962 commons will know what I mean.

Seems like many are the result of low overall submission volume, not lower than average success rate for higher grades. As such, will the law of supply & demand enlighten some old-timers, deep in commons, to grade away? I just got back a #329 Bolin in an 8 that I am tickled with. Last time I checked there were (7) 8's and (1) 9. Got a few others in my set of that relative scarcity.

I'd trade them in a flash for a 7 and the last cards I am missing, but looks like many are after the same few cards. While my pockets aren't deep enough to do the whole set in nm/mt, It is nice to have a few toughies. Just hate to ride a market up and back down again. Any thoughts?

Am missing (or contemplating using 6's) for these last 4 - #280 podres (I've got one raw that may fly), #323 Landrum (got a 6), #349 Foytack, #359 Locke (Got a 6, and about 15 raw ex/mt+'s). Charity glady accepted.

Mike
Bosox1976

Comments

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    about a year and a half ago 1957 psa 7's were going between 25-30 dollars it seemed...more for high end centered versions and especially more for the tough mid series of 1957.

Well...i got alot of 6s during that time that were high end for there grade and cost me between 15-20.....

Guess what...it seems the 6's time has come and gone and now 7's rule the day at 15-20................

oh well...thats all ya can say....I was interested in them at the wrong time....

my 6's still beat most of what i can get at the local card shows raw priced at the 7 price now.

loth