Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Pattern Set Registry will be up and running at the ANA in July

Having just been informed by BJ Searls that the Pattern Set Registry will be On-Line by the ANA ....I have NO Doubts

Which patterns do you collect? I collect the 12 piece Indian Patten Set

Stewart

Comments

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little of everything in patterns. A type set of denominations with most in 10c patterns.

Favorite metal. Aluminum.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I collect some of the Gobrecht Patterns [along with the regular issue coins].
  • That's interesting news, thanks for sharing. I only pattern I have is this one:

imageimage

I would like to complete a year set of the 1869 Silver Plain Edge diadem, but you don't find them around very often.
    Keith
  • boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For starters I collect the same set you do Stewart.image Do you plan to register your set?

I might register my 1877 half dollar patterns if there is a registry for them. Do you know how many sets they will start with?
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there is a nice display available at the show for those of us who can only collect them in our dreams.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    Anyone need any PR 70DC patterns? Oops! Wrong thread.image
  • boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What 12 piece set?? I collect the 26 piece 1858 small cent patterns..... imageimage Somehow, I got talked into a dollar pattern too. Have no idea where that one will fit in! image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
    Hey, Rick....keep it in the BST forum, will ya!
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What means "pattern"? image
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    flyingcougar...this is a GORGEOUS coin! Why did they always pick the ugly ones for mintage, while this sat on a shelf?? image

imageimage
  • Thanks JB, it's a Judd 749 and looks even better in person. Out of 17 graded combined at both services this is the only cameo and it made PF65UC.image
    Keith
  • saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    One of the finer designs of all time, IMO. I only wish they would have used it..I'd have another set to build!image
  • ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Being a typical "newbie", I'd like to hear exactly what a "pattern set" or "pattern coins" are? If it's too long to explain, a link will be just fine!!

Just trying to learn a little today!

Thanks in advance....

Toby
    www.uspatterns.com