Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need opinions...are these worth sending to PCGS?

OneyOney Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
Need some help with the grades. My last batch was not as successful as I would like. Please give me your opinions! Thanks!

image
image
image
image
Brian

Comments

  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭
    Not if you're only going to send in two coins. The 89 appears to be a 64, the 91-S a 63. Even at economy, by time you're done with the grading fees and postage both ways you're looking at about $23 a coin to grade.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777 ✭
    I would guess 63 and 62- what is the funky splotchyness by "america" on the reverse of the 91-S??
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭


    << <i>My last batch was not as successful as I would like. >>



    I know the feeling.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    OneyOney Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The complete batch will be as follows with my grades:

    1878 8TF (MS64)
    1878-S (MS65)
    1878-S (MS65)
    1879-S (MS65PL)
    1879-S (MS64PL)
    1880-S (MS65)
    1880-S (MS65PL)
    1884-O (MS65)
    1889 (MS65)
    1891-S (MS64)
    1899-O (MS66)

    The 2 pictures above do not look as marked as the photos. The curse of having 8MP camera and lighting is that it picks up everything!
    Brian
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    nice looking coins....



    send em in! What the heck...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    These are common date Morgans. I wouldn't send them in unless they grade MS 66 which they won't. I can't make the numbers work...
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is the funky splotchyness by "america" on the reverse of the 91-S??

    funky splotchynessTM
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Funky splotchyness™.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Um, I saw your prediction of grades but I think the two photos you posted are one point above what they might receive. I think the '89 would be 64 at best and the '93-S would be a 63 at best... If you get a lower resolution camera and worse lighting with worse focus I would have to reduce my guess image The photos look decent to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file