Home Sports Talk

Andrew Golota Got Owned

Way to go Lamon Brewster!!!!

Golota was a girlie man. He got into the ring in his home town with his thousands of Polish fans behind him and got owned within the first minute of the first round. Now all of those inconsiderate fans can take their Polish flags and shove them up their arses.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    What a pummelling. Got knocked on his can three times and hardly even got off a shot. That has to be his last decent payday. If he keeps fighting, he will now be one the guys that the "up and comers" have to get through as their careers are on the rise.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • That cameraman in the upper photo looks a bit too close to the action. Regarding Golota, overall, he didn't seem to really have his heart in boxing. Puzzling why he stayed in the sport.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Boxing is done...there are no compelling figures, no one who draws fans in...no wonder Tyson still feels he has a future in it (even if he never did beat anyone of merit in his career).

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow .... Boxing is not "done". The heavier weight divisions have deen tired for some time. All of the action and compelling fighters are in the lower weight classes. You must not have seen the Corrales vs Castillo fight recently! That was AWESOME
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
    Axtell must be a part timer. Boxing is vibrant and exciting if you follow what is happeneing across the board. The heavyweight class does not have a dominant figure right now - true. Who will emerge? Great fights and potential bouts are developing across the lower weight classes. Know it - love it.

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Axtell I have to agree with dirtyharry here! the midle weight classes are heating up like back in the day HEARNS HAGLER SUGAR RAY ALL FOUGHT!

all though man TITO LOOKED REALLY BAD AGAINST WINKY WRIGHT!
  • KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Anyone excited about the Gatti vs. Mayweather fight coming up ?

• pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i still enjoy boxing..
    ·p_A·
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Axtell must be a part timer. Boxing is vibrant and exciting if you follow what is happeneing across the board. The heavyweight class does not have a dominant figure right now - true. Who will emerge? Great fights and potential bouts are developing across the lower weight classes. Know it - love it. >>

And the heavyweight division is what the masses of people care about.

There will always be the niche followers of boxing, just like hockey, soccer, whatever. But if boxing wants to be mainstream again, it has to produce long-term, viable heavyweight champions that people will either root for or against.

Yes the lighter weight boxers are more exciting, but the heavyweight division is where it's at for mainstream popularity.
  • MMA > boxing

4000000 displaced Iraqi refugees * 655000 Iraqi deaths *
    4047 dead servicemen * 27104 wounded servicemen *
    Billions of dollars wasted ....

<< <i>MMA > boxing >>

hopefully, people are beginning to realize that..
    ·p_A·

• << <i>

<< <i>Axtell must be a part timer. Boxing is vibrant and exciting if you follow what is happeneing across the board. The heavyweight class does not have a dominant figure right now - true. Who will emerge? Great fights and potential bouts are developing across the lower weight classes. Know it - love it. >>

And the heavyweight division is what the masses of people care about.

There will always be the niche followers of boxing, just like hockey, soccer, whatever. But if boxing wants to be mainstream again, it has to produce long-term, viable heavyweight champions that people will either root for or against.

Yes the lighter weight boxers are more exciting, but the heavyweight division is where it's at for mainstream popularity. >>

IMO, the main problem is that the main target audience for boxing (inner city citizens who sometimes aspire to become boxers themselves to escape the poverty and drugs) cannot afford to watch their favorite sport. With cable and satellite rates on a continuous increase, that target audience cannot afford basic packages let alone HBO, and Showtime. And if they cannot afford that, there is no way they can afford the PPV events. That is why boxing is hurting in my opinion.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
    Why is there an opinion that "boxing is hurting"??? Those involved where "the goods" are continue to make money hand over fist. Lower weight class boxers are making huge paydays. Even the light heavyweight division...which used to be an afterthought to boxing fans...is interesting, highly competitive and generating a huge amount of interest if you are a true boxing fan.....not just a casual consumer.

I know nothing about NASCAR. It's humongous...because of it's fan base. If I passed an opinion on it.....it would be as a casual consumer. Get my drift? Regards.

i used to follow boxing really close, but i'll admit that i dont keep up with the top boxers anymore.. but i definitely see a surge towards mainstream for mma.. ive boxed, and also practiced martial arts since a young age, and its just much more challenging.. its also much more entertaining to watch.. fans are starting to realize this..

compare tonights finale of "The Contender" to the finale of "The Ultimate Fighter" and you'll see what i mean..
    ·p_A·