Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who says you cant get anything for free these days?!!?

joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to praise two fantastic members of this forum! If you check the Swaps and Giveaways Forum, you might have seen my post looking for other newbies to trade wheaties with. I've only found one other newbie so far but we needed the same things (go figure). image

Much to my amazement though, two members PMed me who aren't newbies and happened to have extra wheaties laying around they would donate to this YN. (BTW, does this term apply to under 18 or just beginning collectors?) Check out these amazing PMs from arlea1957 and rtgjeg:

< Hi Joe,,,, I do not collect wheaties.. at least not at this time (concentrating on common morgans ie no money...lol). I am going to send you about 100 of them, no keys. lol but you can pick through them for your collection and then do what I did.... give'em or trade em cheap to some one who needs them. I'm not sure of mint marks but there are most dates for 40's and 50's. I Should get them in the mail next week..... -arlea1957>

Thanks ROB! The bonus canadian $2 coin rules, I like the polar bear on the back.

< I have 1916, 1921, 1926, 1937-D, 1938, 1940-D, 1941-S, 1942-D, 1942-S, 1943, 1943-S, 1945-S, 1947, 1948, 1948-S, 1949-S, 1950, 1950-D, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954-D, 1956 and 1958. I have all of the Lincolns that you have available, but I believe in helping out new numistmatists in any way I can, so I'll trade these for anything that you think is fair. Just PM me with your address, and I'll send you the coins. -rtgjeg>

After telling what else my collection consisted of (nothing), he was generous enough to just send them!



I am just a new member here and I am amazed at the generosity and trustworthiness of these two fellow hobbyists. Check out the link to my post to see just how much they helped out my collection! In addition to the wheaties checked off the list, I also upgraded the 1925P, 1942P, 1951D, 1953D&S, 1956D, and 1957P!!!

One day I hope to be able to give back a little, maybe a giveaway for a milestone post! At my rate, that'll be next week! AAAHH.

Thanks again guys, this was great! People like you make this hobby fun to get into. I tore through the coins the day they came in! Also this weekend at a yardsale I found a Whitman Lincoln Memorial folder mostly filled out and I had the holes at home so now my collection is aimed at 1909-Present! Thanks again! image

Joe
Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector

Comments

  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    Joefro, that is really cool! I also would like to say thanks to everyone who donates things to YN's.

    On a side note, although you do not know, PM's should usually stay private. It is probably ok this time, this is just a friendly reminder that they are called "private messages" for a reason imageimage
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Good point P8nt. I just figured since these people were being 100% generous, they deserved a little praise. *mental note takenimage
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    image
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    Check you pm.
    -Aaron

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file