Options
Morgan Collection to be Sold on Forum-listed now
coinkat
Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have decided to sell my slabbed set of Morgans. The grades range from VF35 TO MS65. About 75% are graded by PCGS the others by ANACS, NGC and two by PCI (I have owned the two PCI coins for about 10 years if not longer). this is the question... do I offer them on the Buy sell trade forum, ebay or go to about three of my favorite dealers? What do you think? The VAMS are going too, but that is a separate issue...
edited to add: Reason for the sale? my collection is going in a different direction.
edited to add: Reason for the sale? my collection is going in a different direction.
Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.
0
Comments
I think I'd like to be first to enter this most excellent giveaway! Thanks for the chance!
I would start a thread on THIS forum and state what you just did. After that, it's all down hill.
Just check your PM's.
I agree!! Let's see what you got!
Stuart
Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal
"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
jim
Am I wrong folks? Am I just a wannabee guy tryin to build a better set and sell my stuff that is lower? YOU BET- and I hope I can get the good stuff that someday sir David(he will be a knioght one day- you watch) to glorify my completed set as one of the best- then I will die and my wife will make a killin from it.
Or she will kill me for dropping 1200 today on fleabay.
If I was selling here I would not offer ANY better stuff until the commons were all gone.
<< <i>Go with eBay. Morgans, especially slabbed ones, benefit from the large number of potential bidders. >>
Yeah, most of whom think they're dealers and want stuff back of bid. He's far better off listing them here with no eBay fees.
By the way, I would love to see what you are offering.
Good luck to you.
<< <i>If you don't mind the hassle of setting up eBay auctions, you will undoubtedly get better prices on eBay. >>
The hammer prices will be higher than what you can sell for here, yes -- but if you figure that at best you might be netting ~91% of the hammer price, you're better off here.
Your coin X closes on eBay at $400. You take home $360.
Why not sell it here for $380? Everybody wins.
Just do some research first, so you know where to set your prices. Check Heritage auction archives as well as eBay. Try to get a sense of how your particular coins compare to the individuals sold at the various prices you see. Price accordingly.
If the dates are common, collector grades...eBay, more collectors there bidding for those than here, JMO.
High grade, or semi-to-key dates, here, save the fee's and quite a few investor/dealers looking to fill customer wants. Those fee's can add up to big $$$
I would post them all, but also post 'across the street', your ANACS & PCI's might bring a bit less than the PCGS & NGC coins.
Good luck with selling your Morgan's & whatever route you take with your new series.
I believe it goes against the registry rules specifically to put a set in the registry for the sole purpose of promoting it for sale.
Where did coinkat mention (s)he had a registry set?
All that was mentioned is that 75% were PCGS coins.....
Read the post, two posts above your first one which is the one I quoted. Sounds like he is suggesting that a Registry set be set up with the PCGS portion of the coins that will be put up for sale. That is verboten I believe.
Tom
Coodent undrstnd, Morginnt wus usin reel inglesh!
Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.
Some of the morgans are in the BST section.