Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mint Bison Roll sets move to net negative on Ebay

I guess supply has finally caught up with demand.

If you will look at 'completed items' you will quickly realize that selling sets on Ebay has moved to a net negative return for last several days. Consider that even 'no bid' auctions still have to pay listing fees. After subtracting additional 'FINAL SALE' and PAYPAL fees from completed sale price it more than negates the small profit on the appox. 1 out of 4-5 sets listed that actually sells.

I am suspect when last of Mint promised sets ship by 5-27-05 the pressure on prices will become severe.

Comments

  • Options
    Glad I dumped mine and broke even. The quality was also poor at best.
  • Options
    ddinkddink Posts: 2,748


    << <i>I am suspect when last of Mint promised sets ship by 5-27-05 the pressure on prices will become severe >>



    If people are dumb enough to sell them while the mint is still selling them, they get what they deserve. BTW, the mint offers a 30 day return policy, these people should have just made use of that.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    orieorie Posts: 998 ✭
    More coins then I've seen in the last few years are not bringing their reserve or shill mnimum.
  • Options
    I bought 18 roll sets and 2 - 500 coin mint bags and just put them away. To sell them now, while they are still for sale at the mint is just not smart. I am hoping on some type of return later on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file