Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Will either of these GSAs come back NGC MS63

This is a request for help, not an advertisment. Honest

Since I have been able to find any Non-CC GSA to buy, I have started on the CCs.
I have decided to go for NGC MS63. I am going for a uniform grade for the entire
series, which puts the higher grades out of reach.

I bought a series of CCs last year (Buy it now, attractive price.) Ended up
buying the 82-84CCs off of ebay already graded, and selling the ungraded
ones afterwords to pay for them. Came out ahead, too. Guess somebody
liked my ungraded ones. (I can't grade to industry standards, just know what
I think is attractive.)

I joined the NGC collectors club, thinking I would send in the 80CC & 81CC, along
with my 11 Non-CCs that aren't graded. Took them 6 weeks to send my welcome packet
and certificate for 5 gradings. Came in the mail yesterday.

Last week, on 10c listing day, I thought maybe I would sell the 80CC & 81CC on ebay, and
buy graded ones on ebay. Well, there closing late today, and I am thinking of canceling and
sending to NGC with my certificate.

So, my long winded question is, will either of these be likely to come back with MS63 or better?
or am I wasting my time trying?

WARNING, LARGE PICS IN EBAY LISTINGS.

1880CC GSA on ebay.
1881 CC GSA on ebay.

Thank you, and thanks for no one telling my wife what I pay for these things.

David

Comments

  • Options
    First one yes...looks like a solid 63....outside shot at 64.

    Second one looks like a solid 64........could even be higher...but I vote 64....both very nice coins

    image
  • Options
    I don't do morgans, but what is with the die crack at 1 o clock on the second one?
  • Options
    IwantNonCCsIwantNonCCs Posts: 369 ✭✭
    Thank you for your help.
    I ended both listings and they will be part of my first
    NGC submission (2 of my 5 freebies)

    Thanks Again

    David
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭
    Knowing how NGC grades these, I'd say you'll get at least a 63 on the 80-CC with a shot at 4, and 64 on the 81-CC.
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293 ✭
    I only looked at the 81CC which is an OK 63+ ---The reason is the seller says IN BOLD RED it's a duplicate---IT's NOT THE COIN YOU'LL GET!!!!-- So why do you care the grade of a coin that you won't get????? It's too much $ too!!!

    NEXT--
    morgannut2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file