Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Female Collectors

In all my time collecting I have never met any female who are into the hobby. I know there is a possibilty that there are some who are members here so can they post here and tell us who they are?

Cheers

Comments

  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭
    In no particular order, here are some (if I miss smoeone, sorry, been a long night):

    LucyBop
    Legend
    Tassa
    IdahoGal
    Luvdawgs
    Cherwood
    btmoore9
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    a2labmom

    Correct spelling after a quick edit.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭
    Lori
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭
    mrspaseo
  • Options
    I bet they are all good looking and single.....image
  • Options
    I bet they are all good looking and single.....

    If that's the direction you want to take this, go to some other website.
  • Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685 ✭


    << <i>I bet they are all good looking and single.....

    If that's the direction you want to take this, go to some other website. >>





    Ditto

    Let's not forget Becky Dorkgirl
    Wayne
    ******
  • Options


    << <i>I bet they are all good looking and single.....

    If that's the direction you want to take this, go to some other website. >>



    Is a joke cant you see? Anyway its no harm done in light hearted flirting, a bit of human interest is not completly immune even for a hobbyist forum like this.
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭
    Sorry, a2labmom and Dorkgirl.

    Neptune
  • Options


    << <i>

    << <i>I bet they are all good looking and single.....

    If that's the direction you want to take this, go to some other website. >>





    Ditto

    Let's not forget Becky Dorkgirl >>



    Why does Becky want to be called Dorkgirl? Hardly think any female would wish to be refer by that.
  • Options
    Why does Becky want to be called Dorkgirl? Hardly think any female would wish to be refer by that.

    Are you related to GoldCoinLover?
  • Options


    << <i>Why does Becky want to be called Dorkgirl? Hardly think any female would wish to be refer by that.

    Are you related to GoldCoinLover? >>



    Actually I was going to ask you the same question. Take a chill pill and accept thats members here are generally chilled people and gets along fine enough to accept the usual conversation if you hadnt noticed already..... If you think its an offense to ask then dont post.
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭
    brightyoungfilipina maybe if not pjohnnyimage? Isn't there a female collector here that has ultimate buffalo nickels ?image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I bet they are all good looking and single.....

    If that's the direction you want to take this, go to some other website. >>




    no, this one is quite fine, thank you very much...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,791 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>I bet they are all good looking and single.....

    If that's the direction you want to take this, go to some other website. >>




    no, this one is quite fine, thank you very much... >>

    imageimage

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I know two female coin dealers.
  • Options
    How could coincopwife be left out?? image
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭


    << <i>How could coincopwife be left out?? image >>

    She's the Queen of the Open Forum.image
  • Options
    image Poor ER.
  • Options
    I've seen a couple female collectors at my local shop and a lady in her 80's who collects stamps! It is really neat to stir up conversation with her.
  • Options
    I am a 13 year old girl..........I dont have lots of high grade coins, but I think I have good stuff cause I like it.....and thats what matters.
    Youth Numismatist and having fun. I love buffalo's and rainbows and cameo's.
  • Options
    Lots of us don't have high grade stuff. Welcome to the forum Leena. What do you collect?image
    ANA 1197201
    Vietnam Vet 69-70 - Semper Fi
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum laura. What do you collect?image
    ANA 1197201
    Vietnam Vet 69-70 - Semper Fi
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Girls rule! >>




    +1
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Caitlin. She has a KILLER Buffalo nickel collection!

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    TayTayTayTay Posts: 465 ✭✭


    << <i>brightyoungfilipina maybe if not pjohnnyimage? Isn't there a female collector here that has ultimate buffalo nickels ?image >>



    Caitlin, I believe. Very impressive nickels image
    "What are you putting that tape on your nose for?"
    "Exactly."

  • Options
    LouisLouis Posts: 3,687


    << <i>

    << <i>How could coincopwife be left out?? image >>

    She's the Queen of the Open Forum.image >>





    I thought that was Cockney ?


    image

    image
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭


    << <i>

    << <i>

    << <i>How could coincopwife be left out?? image >>

    She's the Queen of the Open Forum.image >>





    I thought that was Cockney ? >>


    Cockney is the Mistress.image
  • Options
    I also have a collection of rocks/minerals. I like the aquamarines, but have mined a lot of crystal in the mines. It's hard dirty work, but fun, fun, fun!

  • Options
    Do you girls see yourselves as indivualist in your collecting or are you involved in it because your partner or relatives have an interest collecting? Would you privately arrange to visit another female collector to view and gossip about yours and their collections or would this be initiated by your male partner or friends?

    Just curious to know because a few years ago a woman introduced to me saying she collect Japanese swords but could not tell me a good one from a bad one, she appears to enjoy the social side of the hobby that brought her including visits to Japan.
  • Options


    << <i>I also have a collection of rocks/minerals. I like the aquamarines, but have mined a lot of crystal in the mines. It's hard dirty work, but fun, fun, fun! >>



    Does anyone have "Buddha's tears"? I believe they might be opal?
    I have lots of Chinese jades and jadeites thats I could swap.
  • Options


    << <i>I am a 13 year old girl..........I dont have lots of high grade coins, but I think I have good stuff cause I like it.....and thats what matters. >>


    You like early buffalo nickel? I have imported some very worned out ones from the US when I was younger than you, werent very impressed why anyone would even consider selling them being so worned out.
  • Options
    I have a bunch of Apache Tears - they are black - some are opaque - others translucent. I have a few opals, but haven't heard of the Buddha's tears - post pic.

    Keeping on topic of coin collecting - My husband doesn't collect coins - and I initiate and do what I want.
  • Options
    btmoore9btmoore9 Posts: 352 ✭
    Not good looking and single but I'm average and happily married...does that count image

    Where are all the pics?? Here's mine

    image
    Live like you were dying.
    -------------------------------
    Bridget
    ----------
    (My beautiful children!!)
    image
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭
    Hey Bridget, go to the thread How bout some pix of the people behind the coins by 100proof1957, and post your pic there.imageimage
  • Options
    lloydmincylloydmincy Posts: 1,861 ✭
    Taikonaut:

    Don't make a complete idiot of yourself. If you don't know who Laura at Legend is, or what a "wannabe" is, or that the reason you havenet met any females in the numismatic world, it is because they are out of your league - relationships and numismaticly.
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

    image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Not good looking and single but I'm average and happily married...does that count image

    Where are all the pics?? Here's mine

    image >>




    Honey, your a living doll! image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bridget---You're anything but average. Your husband is a lucky guy!! image

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    Thanks Lucy and Perry....personally I think HE'S the hot one of the two image but I do appreciate the compliments image
    Live like you were dying.
    -------------------------------
    Bridget
    ----------
    (My beautiful children!!)
    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file