Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just Checked the Mail. These Coins Aint Bad!!

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
The mailman brought these today.
image

image
theknowitalltroll;

Comments

  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Nice score, T. I definately like the first one. I'm skittish, for some reason, when it comes to those bright rainbow types.


    Tom
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    The orange on the reverse of the 2nd one is purty. Was that from Wednesday's auction? Snail-mail from Teletrade is starting to really reek. My stuff shipped Monday arrived today. image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that was from the wednesday auction. I paid wed nite and the coins shipped thursday. I got them in Iowa today. Had similar service on my last TT auction. Looks like there were a few that didn't sell or they are automatically deleting some from your tracking list.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭
    I only got one coin Wednesday, and paid immediately. They say they shipped it Thursday, but no show today.

    That 1887 looks very similar to the 88-O I bought a while back.
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355 ✭
    Simply beautiful reverses, congrats. TT's finally had some nice toners lately. And I think those that don't sell will not appear on your tracking list.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

    image
  • Options
    SWEET!! My mailman normally keeps the ones that look like those!! image

    If I only had a dollar for every VAM I have...err...nevermind...I do!! image

    My "Fun With 21D" Die State Collection - QX5 Pics Attached
    -----
    Proud Owner of
    2 –DAMMIT BOY!!! ® Awards
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭


    << <i>Simply beautiful reverses, congrats. TT's finally had some nice toners lately. And I think those that don't sell will not appear on your tracking list. >>



    Have you seen what's up for tomorrow? Slim pickins compared to the last couple of weeks. And I have some certificates from them to use over the cracked slab incident.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to believe that there were THAT many then that did not sell. I like nice purty toning no matter which side of the coin its on. This recent one reminds me of the Phoenix rising from the ashes.
    image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    They had some stiff reserves on some of those toned morgans. The one 1887(NGC MS64) I really wanted had a ending price of $425 and didn't sell, so I have to guess someone thought it was that valuable. image

    I like the one I paid $160($176 with premium) for and felt I did pay a premium.

    K6AZ,

    Did Teletrade take the cracked slabs back without a restocking fee?
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭


    << <i>Did Teletrade take the cracked slabs back without a restocking fee? >>



    According to the person I spoke with there, they will refund the realized price, the juice and my shipping back to them. The refund hasn't hit my credit card yet, but if they try to hit me with their normal return fees, you'll all hear about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file