Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Scaming with an 1895 Proof Morgan

greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
The BIN on this 1895 PCGS PR45 Morgan listed on EBAY today, was the first big red flag:

1895 PCGS PR45 Morgan listed on EBAY

But when doing a quick search @ Heritage, not only did the same coin come up, its the same pictures AND the same auction description!

Heritage Auction of same coin.

Run away!

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

Comments

  • Options
    RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭
    I sent an email to the seller suggesting eBay might like to find out about the auction.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭
    Yet again another hijacked account. Look at the last feedback they received. I've reported this, and suggest others do as well.
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207 ✭
    Reported
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭
    Nuked!
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭
  • Options
    That was FAST.......image
    There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭
    They usually are when several people make the same concise report. In my report, I gave the the Heritage lot number, and also pointed out that their prior sales were horse figurines, not $25,000 coins.
  • Options
    stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many of these outright fraudulent listings go to completion and some one actually sends money. People on this board catch one or more just about everyday, but they are usually obvious because of the rarity of the coin involved. There almost has to be others involving coins of lesser value, and I just wonder how many people end up paying their money and not receiving a coin.
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file