Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Issue resolved

Glad to see HRH post a firm policy in the thread below.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Me too!

Just kidding.

Hey, as long as you keep posting in the open forum. The liberals over there need all the help they can get. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    there is always the Stamp forum...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    orieorie Posts: 998
    You might as well leave, almost everyone with any cents already has.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Unfortunately the registry forum is slow as molasses and if we left out the spam it would be a ghost town around here. >>

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once upon a time this was a very cool place. Always has been slow but still was and is a good read for the readers. Sort of like "Sleepy Hollow" in a way.

Ken
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Me either!

image -

Just Kidding - image
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think TDN's goal here is laudable. He wants a content-rich forum, not simply high volume. I've always felt that BST-type threads belong in BST-type forums, even if it makes this place more like Sleepy Hollow.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Just send me the links and I'll delete the threads and ban the abusers. This forum should not be used for selling coins.

David

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    See how easy that was ?? HR speaks and from now on this will be for registry talk only..that was very simple..
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options

<< <i>Tdn what about top pops truely uncommon coins? Say a top pop with a pop less than 25 ? Unfortunately the registry forum

is slow as molasses and if we left out the spam it would be a ghost town around here. I have seen threads last on the front page for

weeks at a time. I agree with the generic crap but what about true registry type coins. If someone comes on here and offers

a gorgeous 1936-s Wash pc or ngc 67 I love to see those. A pop 450 ms 66 widget is a waste of space IMHO. >>

image this has everything to do with building registry setsimage

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have always thought of this as the registry quality BST, the other low-brow....image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Everyone,

Just send me the links and I'll delete the threads and ban the abusers. This forum should not be used for selling coins.

David >>

This could be very interesting.....image

Ken
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like HRH is already axing a bunch of threads... image

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options

Good for you TDN! I couldn't agree more.

Jack
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for me I believe most of the current threads here in the registry forum can be put in either the US or BS&T forums.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>See how easy that was ?? HR speaks and from now on this will be for registry talk only..that was very simple.. >>

10-4! It was amazing how some folks just couldn't see that! image

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224

<< <i>there is always the Stamp forum... >>

Yup ... please support my employer so I can purchase more coins ... image
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TDN, I didn't know you were away! While I laud your sense of fairness I have to concur that the REG Forum is so slow that it takes days to fall off the front page. Even bad threads are good when there is no action. In any case the Maytag repairman should be allowed to post here.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, as long as you keep posting in the open forum. The liberals over there need all the help they can get. image

Russ, NCNE >>

" Depends on what you look at obviously
    But even more it depends on the way that you see" image

edited to add: the above lyric is from another word master,... Bruce Cockburn
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Now if HRH will just Nuke all of the Give Aways, that are mostly for no reason at all, on the Coin Forum, opps Give Away Forum, things just might get back to how they were a couple of years ago and be enjoyable again.

YN contests being the only exception.

BTW there is a Forum for Give Aways.....image

Ken
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This forum should not be used for selling coins."

I am glad that has been cleared up. TDN - welcome back.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    TDN I sure did'nt miss you could have stayed away longer. All you have done for the past 4 years is cry about about PCGS treated you and your Trade Dollars and it was David Hall who was masterminding the whole thing against you.
    FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL! Glad I could disappoint you. Where you been the last 3 years, dude? I got over that real quick. Perhaps even quicker than how long it will take for your clad guru to get over losing his prime sales forum. image
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Where you been the last 3 years, dude? I got over that real quick. Perhaps even quicker than how long it will take for your clad guru to get over losing his prime sales forum. image >>

This was said in jest so I won't hold you to it and would even edit out your post
    if you want but it has always appeared that this was the primary thing driving the
    indignation over the posting of coins on this forum; that it's more suited as a venue
    for modern crap than for really good coins.

I doubt having BST offers removed from this forum will have a major impact on any-
    one's business or on anyone's collecting habits. Even if it does it's of little impact in
    the whole.

I'll bet if this were a great forum to sell registry quality dollars and other old coins
    there would be hardly a peep out of most.

You got your way, gloating is unbecoming. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Lord, she used the "W" word . . . image
    Doug
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    IN MY OPINION: I'd much rather see a collector discussion of issues than to see some sleazo wannabe dealer slithering up to unsuspecting people and offering them possibly overpriced Modern trash. Sadly, this happens quite often around here. Too many damn wannabe deaelrs.

Oh yeah, I'll take on any fool who wants to attack me. Common you wannabes, I want to hear from you!

Do you have any idea how REPUGNANT this is? You are among a relatively decent group of people and you act as if you are a self appointed Joe McCarthy. Do you see ANYONE else starting threads on your obsessive subject? Get over yourself Laura...You are not any better that any other good dealer, and I haven't heard any ONE of them ever attack these "ghosts" like you do. This is a deep seated sense of insecurity, and frankly it's not only annoyng but a SAD JOKE among 98% of the people who read it.

Get over yourself. You WANNABE a pest? Go to NGC boards.
  • Options
    only one comment, it is my money to spend as I please and
    with any dealer I please.
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    I think, perhaps, a little light icon could flash here whenever someone posted a pop top over in the BST forum.
    You know, like Kmart does with their blue light specials.
    But then again, that light would be going off all the time from all the regular posters there who knew long ago what forums were all about!!!

Leo image

• Options
    There ARE plenty of boneheads (I hope that isn't a phallic reference), but they are mere pests...you could do better...as a significant dealer being shrill everytime you post is a distraction. Whay not campaign for the proper way to collect, build sets, buy grades....positive things that will help collectors. Screaming GHOST isn't doing a damn thing except getting into brawls. You owe the community more constructive information...not your pet vigilantiism.
  • Options

<< <i>and offering them possibly overpriced Modern trash. >>

You mean like this? image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RUSS will not be an applauding member in the Laura Forum.image
  • Options

<< <i>RUSS will not be an applauding member in the Laura Forum. >>

Sure I will. She has stepped up to Kennedys! That makes her uber cool.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Well...I guess I'm out of the loop on this new little "tryst"...Russ, you cad!!! image
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was said in jest so I won't hold you to it and would even edit out your post
    if you want but it has always appeared that this was the primary thing driving the
    indignation over the posting of coins on this forum; that it's more suited as a venue
    for modern crap than for really good coins

Cladking: You are wrong in your statement. Honestly, I have nothing against collecting of moderns [other than they don't interest me]. A lot of the things you say regarding their desirability make sense. I do try to practice the philosophy of 'to each their own'.

And, in fact, the posts that were the 'straw that broke the camel's back' for me were the two Albanese spam posts.... of classic coins. The originator of those two threads does not participate here to any extent.... no sharing of knowlege or community comraderie... yet chose to come in and spam the board with coins for sale from their inventory. Unless that was stopped immediately, this was soon to be nothing more than another BST board, with quality posts falling by the wayside and arguments over how many ttt's each person gets per thread.

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    This forum has always been used to sell Registry coins. Too bad the wishes of a few are more important than the wishes of the majority.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options

<< <i>This forum has always been used to sell Registry coins. Too bad the wishes of a few are more important than the wishes of the majority. >>

Mark,

You're missing the point. If a collector or a dealer has some true registry quality material - the type of coins that would be difficult to otherwise acquire - and offers them for sale here, that's one thing. It's also acceptable to most who participate.

But, what had happened is that every Tom, Dick and Harry, (and we never see Harry except when he posts coins for sale), was offering up mostly common easy to acquire material and doing so by linking to other venues such as Teletrade and eBay. It had gotten out of hand.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    "Hi Everyone,

David"

FINALLY, an UNEQUIVICAL RESOLUTION imageimageimage

Anyone wanna assert NOW that that's NOT the "new" OFFICIAL policy? image
  • Options
    lloydmincylloydmincy Posts: 1,861
    I was bashing the BST threads. Was fun.. Now what do I do???image
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• Options

<< <i>"Hi Everyone,

David"

Oh great, I'll get deleted every day for something then! image >>

What's to keep all you wannabe Registry forum sellers from congregating over at the BST forum, there are no rules there yet, are there? Go for it! image

Leo

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, the stockholders of CLCT will be very pleased when they find out that HRH was putting in some optional overtime on Saturday cleaning up the Registry forum.

Impressive.image
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    HRH and TDN are fundamentally wrong on this issue. The simple fact is the Registry is ultimately a sales and/or grading promotion to encourage the commerce in mostly commercial coins. Were it otherwise, a Morgan Collection worth well into 6 figures but 50% complete would not be outranked on the Registry by one full of common stuff at 75% complete and worth $30,000. I"m using these $ values as a surragate to actually show the contradiction of the reward for completion with commerial stuff verses the reward for a search of true high grade rarity and beauty--AND learning the difference here.

The explanation is the Registry is a commericial promotion, not forum to promote increasing sophistication and knowledge.
    It is absurd to ban sales of commercial Registry junk.
    morgannut2
  • Options

<< <i>HRH and TDN are fundamentally wrong on this issue. >>

Since HRH runs the place, it's pretty difficult for him to be wrong since it is he who makes the rules.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>HRH and TDN are fundamentally wrong on this issue. >>

Which is probably why they have a forum just for the purpose of selling things. (actually multiple forums for selling just about anything)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭

tradedollarnut
    Master Collector

Saturday May 21, 2005 11:36 PM

LOL! Glad I could disappoint you. Where you been the last 3 years, dude? I got over that real quick. Perhaps even quicker than how long it will take for your clad guru to get over losing his prime sales forum.

-------------------------

Trade Dollar Website

Edited: Sunday May 22, 2005 at 12:00 AM by tradedollarnut

*********************************************************************************
    ********************************************************************************
    *******************************************************************************

Perhaps even quicker than how long it will take for your clad guru to get over losing his prime sales forum.

image THE BEST STATEMENT OF FACT I HAVE EVER READ ON THESE FORUMS

KUDOS TO TRADEDOLLARNUTimageimage
  • Options
  • Options