Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

An opinion please

AT or NT ? link
Icon reduced by popular demand. Peer pressure has forced me to conform! I promise towalk in the right direction image

Comments

  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
    I think we discussed this coin in an earlier thread.

    Either way, it looks AT to me. Close, but no cigar.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭
    AT
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    I would ask for a money back guarantee that it will make grade by PCGS. The seller's 3-day return policy would obviously need to be extended so the coin can be sent to, graded, and returned back to you from PCGS. dizzyfoxx

    image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140 ✭
    AT
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Allow me to count the reasons I would not touch this coin:

    1. Raw, over 100 dollars, sight unseen: One of my rules.
    2. Questionable toning: Anyone can see this.
    3. 3 DAY RETURN POLICY WITH AN 8% RE-STOCKING FEE: This tells me they seller expects one of two things, 1) He/she is hoping the buyer will not have enough time to resend the coin (Only 3 days) or two, he/she expects to receive returns thus he/she must make money on the item with the 8% restocking fee (What the hell is a restocking fee for anyway?)
    4. "U Be The Judge": I don't bid on auctions from people that can not spell the word "you"
    5. ALL I TEMS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH MY NORMAL RETAIL AVENUES (coin shows, hobby periodicals, price-lists, etc.) SO PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO PLACE YOUR BID AS I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END AUCTIONS EARLY.........: basically this is telling you where to go to buy the coin other than Ebay, this way he can avoid paying fees. I understand but believet his is sneaky when it comes to Ebay rules.
    6. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS: I'm buying a coin, I'm not in church. I usually don't do business with people that push religeon in everything they do.
    7. US $9.00: Still to much, although I do not normally buy coin that require much more S/H/I or $3.85 so this is probably a good price. Although my persoanl policy is, I will charge only what it costs for S/H/I MAX, 99% of the time I charge a flat rate and usually go out of pocket to pay the rest. I figure I'm making money on the coin, why not go out of my way to help curb the costs for my customers.
    8. MONSTER TONED 1936 OREGON TRAIL COMMEMORATIVE SILVER! : I hate when people use the word MONSTER especially in all caps image

    Just my two cents on why i would not purchase this coin. Let me add, the coin is pretty, but I would not own it if I had to pay with my own money.

    (If this is your auction, sorry but this is how I feel)

    Ray
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    If this coin would slab it would already be in a slab. Coins looking like this one and in a PCGS holder will bring unbelievable money. I would not bid on this coin raw.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭
    We did discuss this the other day in another thread. It is, without question, artificially toned.
  • Options
    AT
    image
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146 ✭
    the toning to me looks highly suspect
    i vote AT








Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file