Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you know anyone that has every CC Morgan Dollar VAM variety?

I don't.image


Tom
What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?

Comments

  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    The question should be, "Do you know someone who can afford every morgan cc dollar VAM"
    imageimage
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."



    - Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    The question should be, "Do you know someone who can afford every morgan cc dollar VAM"

    image I'd expect there'd have to be some NUT out there that has a collection such as the question I've posed. There's gotta be.image


    Cripes... If I thought of the question, I'm sure someone else has and has actually acquired them. If not, DAMN, I think I've found my new calling.

    Tom image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    OK, I am a nut. Vams can be very salty, 79cc capped die, runs over $6000.00 in GSA holder. 91cc spitting eagle in GSA holder around $2200.00. 90cc tail bar in MS64 $7800.00. Even in XF45 grade a spitting eagle brings $150.00, and so on and on and on. image Good luck on your new calling. image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."



    - Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293 ✭
    I've got all the common ones, many in circulated. 1880CC rev 78, Tail bar, the stupid spitting eagle (what a name!), both the 79's -- So I guess I have the all of the most popular ones. The most I've paid is $225-- I know there are a bunch of unc GSA VAM's that are very obsure --little dashes under the date in the common 1883 and the like-- but I can't see spending a lot for these minor variations in uncirculated for the sake of having them all.
    morgannut2
  • Options
    I just collect the major varieties in the CC series as Morgannut2 has stated some are just not all that exciting
    steve

    myCCset

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file