Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Really nice coin...

I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."

Comments

  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777 ✭
    Personally, I think it looks like butt- but why is paypal an issue?? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    You don't like it? =(
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777 ✭
    You don't like it? =(

    I can't get the pictures to come back now- but if my memory serves me correctly (big "if"), it looked like the surfaces had been stripped pretty harshly in the past, and then allowed to retone. The wear on the high points was dark, and contrasted in an ugly way with the stripped surfaces....
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    This is certainly one of the PCGS mistakes.image
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    Thank ya'll for the heads up. I was gonna email him and make him an offer! I have no idea how to tell if a coin has been cleaned =( I just thought the toning was nice and mistakenly thought that toning = original (whereas "bright shiny widget" = dipped). I learned something!
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    Gentlemen,

    Might I suggest that you rethink you positon on this coin. It look original, with the usual rub on the high points.

    I don't claim to know everything, but in this case, I believe you might be mistaken.

    njc
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last picture of the coin in the holder shows luster. Doesn't look tampered with to me. Though it is hard to tell from just a picture.

    I've purchased from this seller in the past and I had a good experience. My icon coin was purchased raw from him and graded MS64 with ANACS. Just a heads up.
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

    "Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."


    ~Wayne

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file