Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Barber half I picked up at my local shop

robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
Just thought I'd share. This one cost me a grand total of 6 bucks today, my local shop had gotten in a bunch of barber halves, most in roughly this same condition. He had hundreds of them, I picked up one I thought was kind of nice to buy. I'm not usually into such material but the guy had absolutely nothing I was really interested in and I didn't want to walk out empty handed.

image

Comments

  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭
    I buy those occasionally at shows. Barber halves look nice even when circulated.
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016 ✭
    Thats a nice original coin man.....Awesome!image
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did really well for 6 clams
  • Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685 ✭
    That's a very nice looking coin. The coin shops I visit have lots of Barbers, mostly original looking more circulated ones. I always check and can never find not one with any of the letters of Liberty they're worn so bad. image
    Wayne
    ******
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295 ✭
    Looks like a couple I picked up in my local shop a while back when they had nothing I really needed. Nice looking circulated coin, and you can't lose for six bucks.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!! Nice pickup!!!! image

    Anytime I find a Barber Half at $15 or less, it has NO visible leaves and NO letters visible in Libertyimage

    That was a steal...Congratsimage


    Steve
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *MINE!*
    mirabela
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great buy for 6.00
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is the kind of coin for the budget minded collector that makes collecting so worthwhile. It is original, old and historic dating to a time of transition from the victorian to the modern age, well worn, but with enough detail to satisfy the aesthetics of the design...and for a few bucks over the price of silver spot, a great coin to own and enjoy.

    I have a big cigar tin full of hundreds of neatly toned and original worn coins just like that. I find them at shows, on Ebay, or shops and I buy them in every series I find them. That is the perfect coin to give to someone who is just getting interested in numismatics to spur on their interest.

    This has to be the longest post I have ever given to a $6.00 coin! image

    Tyler

    That would probably pass as a F12 on Ebay and might sell in the $16.00-$20.00 range. You just tripled that $6.00. Eat sh*t Wall Street!image
  • Options
    Barberman55Barberman55 Posts: 1,605 ✭
    Nice original coin, looks to be about a F-12. Great score for 6 bucks, where's your local coin shop?
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    I'd take it for six bucks. Nice one!
  • Options
    Funny you should mention Barber halves...I don't really buy them either...but a co-worker brought in a few coins for me to look at and I bought this off her image

    image

    image

    Not as much detail as your coin...but it is a better date in the series.
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robertpr, nice Barber half.
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭
    I just bought a barber quarter just like that for six bucks - and I was happy as hell. If you got a half, that means you did twice as good as me. Do a cartwheel.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭
    Barbers wear the best. Great find. Thanks for sharing...Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file