Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Did PCGS really grade 5 1972-S 1c in MS-68RD?

cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
Or are these coins PR-68? This is a tough date to get slabbed in
MS-66/+ grades.

Comments

  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355 ✭
    Where are you seeing that?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

    image
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615 ✭
    The pop report shows 14 in 67RD and 5 in 68RD??? So I guess they did. May have been mechanical errors. I have the sole MS69 1968-S Jefferson, guess what it really is. Was this recent that the pop report went up?
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I noticed this about two weeks ago when viewing Registry sets of
    Lincoln Memorial Cents. Then, today, I renewed my on-line Pop-
    ulation Report subscription and confirmed the number.

    This figure could be an input error by PCGS, similar to the 1982-D
    Kennedy 50c which lists a pop=8 in MS-68. Many think the number '8'
    is an input error and should be added to the 1982-D
    George Washington Commemorative 50c MS-68 total.

    Also, a few years ago, PCGS listed a lone 1981-S SBA $1 graded in
    MS-68 when the highest grade was MS-66. SBA followers quickly
    noticed this and notified PCGS. No MS-68 was graded and outsiders
    thought this was likely a PR-68 specimen. PCGS made the necessary
    correction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file