Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Should A Complete Gold Eagle Registry Set be available separately?

I think that collecting both the silver and gold eagles is a tall order. A Complete Gold Eagle Set should be available to registrants, without requiring the silvers, imho. What do you think?

Comments

• Options

The complete sets are either Proof or MS, right? I can see where it would make sense for a gold only set.

Especially since the proof silver eagles cost an arm and a leg compared to the more common MS coins. Maybe they figure that if you can afford the gold then the silver must be a given?

I'll bet you there will be a "First Strike" Set before there is an "MS only" set.imageimage

Larry
    Dabigkahuna
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think the golds and silvers should be available separately for both the proof and ms complete sets. The gold and silver, although all "eagles", are like "apples and oranges".
  • Options
    RC:

Excellent point.

Perhaps a worthy Q & A Forum question.

BBpM
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RC: You make a good point. I believe PCGS should consider the following:

1. ALL (4) DENOMINATIONS OF GOLD EAGLES AS A SEPARATE REGISTRY SET.

2. GOLD, SILVER AND PLATINUM EAGLES AS A SEPARATE REGISTRY SET. WHY LIMIT IT TO GOLD AND SILVER?

3. IF PCGS DECIDES TO KEEP THE GOLD/SILVER EAGLE REGISTRY SET IT HAS NOW, THEN PERHAPS ALSO CREATE A "GOLD/PLATINUM" EAGLE STAND ALONE SET AS WELL.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps after the Registry Year ends in June... I hope. image