Home Stamps Forum
Options

I have 3 questions. Thank you!

1) OK, I went out and got me a Perf Gauge. Now that I know The perfs( 11 X 10 1/2 date 1926-29), I need to know If these are type 1 or type 2?

This one is a Perf 10 vertical coil stamp. Is it Type 1 or Type 2? (1923-29)

I haven't got a watermark thingy yet but I'm gonna. Where will the watermarks be? Center?

Thanks a bunch!

Purple!

Comments

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    1. Too difficult to determine from the photos, but most look to be Type 1.
    2. Looks to be Type 1.
    3. Watermarks are not always centered. When using watermark fluid, make sure you are in a well ventilated area; like using acetone with coins.
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    dougwtx.... Tell me what you need for photos and I'll post them. Bigger shots?

Here is a larger image. If you need bigger lemme know.

PURPLE!
  • Options
    I believe they are all Type 1s. The Type 2s have 3 strong strands of hair and the left scroll above the 2 needs to have a defined border. Hope this helps. If you can look at a copy of the Scott US Specialized volume, it will have pics differentiating the 2. It doesn't have to be an up to date volume either. Concerning stamp values, if a stamp has a wrinkle, missing perf, straight edge, off-centered, dark postmark in design of stamp, etc... it will bring the value drastically down.
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch. I'm not too concerened with value of this set. Just to have a decent example will be good enough. I'm more of a coin guy.

PURPLE!
  • Options
    Post any of your questions here. BTW, the green Franklin stamp in your other post is Sc#300 if you are wondering.
  • Options
    Look at this old dude I found in my baggy.

hahahha