Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is a 9 ?????

Comments

• Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I don't know what the problem is. The card meets all the criteria for a PSA 9 - Mint!

If you're wondering what appears to be a rough cut on the card, I would say that is probably due to the scanner/digital camera. Keep in mind, PSA are the experts, especially of 1977 Topps. They've graded thousands upon thousands of cards from this set and obviously must be doing a good job, otherwise, who would submit their '77 Topps to them for grading?

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, PSA does not view rough cut cards as "wear". Now I certainly would never submit a card that was cut at the factory with a butter knife, but to each his own. "Buy the card, not the holder". I have adopted this popular phrase

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>I don't know what the problem is. The card meets all the criteria for a PSA 9 - Mint!

If you're wondering what appears to be a rough cut on the card, I would say that is probably due to the scanner/digital camera. Keep in mind, PSA are the experts, especially of 1977 Topps. They've graded thousands upon thousands of cards from this set and obviously must be doing a good job, otherwise, who would submit their '77 Topps to them for grading?

image >>

Go get laid. I'm begging you.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    This is not a camera or scanner problem and maybe rough cut but looks more like chipping all the way down the edge.

• Options
    baseballfanaticbaseballfanatic Posts: 2,415 ✭✭
    They woulda given me a 7 if I submitted it..............
  • Options
    Ill give ya 4_ guesses as to who I bought it from on E-bay, I have received a few cards from them like this. Starting to get old. But it's not thier fault. They dont grade them.

• Options

<< <i>Ill give ya 4_ guesses as to who I bought it from on E-bay >>

Haha, nicely played.
  • Options
    baseballfanaticbaseballfanatic Posts: 2,415 ✭✭
    4_sharp_Corners and 2_rough_edges?
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ill give ya 4_ guesses as to who I bought it from on E-bay, I have received a few cards from them like this. Starting to get old. But it's not thier fault. They dont grade them. >>

I'm TELLING you, PSA does not deduct grades for rough cuts ...... DSL, 4SC, or Joe Blow submitter .......

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    1- 4 Sharp Corners
    2- Dsl
    3- Shoeless Joe's
    4- Joe Orlando? j/k
  • Options
    They may not deduct for rough cuts, However, this card looks like it was drug down a gravel road by the edges.

• Options
    How the hell did Joe Yanello get dragged into a preferential grading discussion?
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Is this something that "Dealer-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" is known for?
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    I must say about the unnamed dealer that they have sent several good cards also, But several of thier cards have been like this. I really cant blame the dealer here, if it is graded a 9 and listed on e-bay as a 9, then you expect it to be a 9.

• Options

<< <i>Is this something that "Dealer-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" is known for? >>

Shoeless Joe's? They sell lower graded vintage stuff, every time I've bought from him the cards have been graded accurately. Great seller. I have no idea why someone would mention him during a discussion about modern PSA 9's
  • Options
    I have heard from others that some things are not graded right from shoeless joe, not his fault...nobody is saying anything bad about him.....just...

chill

• Options
    I agree. I would've gotten a 4, too. Perhaps a 3.
  • Options
    This thread could be in Catch-22:

"Do you think it does you credit to have your chaplain hanging around here every night? He's in here every goddamn time I come."
    "You're right, sir, absolutely right," Colonel Cathcart responded. "It does me no credit at all. And I am going to do something about it, this very minute."
    "Aren't you the one who ordered him to come here?"
    "No, sir, that was Colonel Korn. I intend to punish him severely, too."
    "If he wasn't a chaplain," General Dreedle muttered, "I'd have him taken outside and shot."
    "He's not a chaplain," Colonel Carthcart advised helpfully.
    "Isn't he? Then why the hell does he wear that cross on his collar if he's not a chaplain?"
    "He doesn't wear a cross on his collar, sir. He wears a silver leaf. He's a lieutenant colonel."
    "You've got a chaplain who's a lieutenant colonel?" inquired General Dreedle with amazement.
    "Oh no, sir. My chaplain is only a captain."
    "Then why the hell does he wear a silver leaf on his collar if he's only a captain?"
    "He doesn't wear a silver leaf on his collar, sir. He wears a cross."
    "Go away from me now, you son of a b%tch."
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Go get laid. I'm begging you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it ironic....don't you think?

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    Another hobby newbie (n162) spouting off about something he knows nothing about. And with such conviction. Thanks for the entertainment n162.
  • Options
    kuntryboy
    It gets harder and harder for me to see little pictures every day. Is that a St. Bernard in your avatar?
  • Options
    yes mac
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Another hobby newbie (n162) spouting off about something he knows nothing about. And with such conviction. Thanks for the entertainment n162. >>

He's not a newbie Ralph and he's spot on.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    We had a Saint a while back, when we owned some acreage. One beautiful dog, truly a gentle, loving giant. He got up to 240 pounds. He only lasted about 6 years. Now, his ashes are in a box on the shelf of my wife's closet.
  • Options
    David

Were you involved in the hobby 3-5 years ago when Joe was one of PSA's highest volume submitters?

Are you familiar with any of Joe's other Ebay accounts?

Are you aware that Joe used to deal heavily in 3rd rate holders (AGS, in particular)?

If your answer to any of those questions is no then you shouldn't even be getting yourself involved in this discussion. Ditto for Will. I mean n162.
  • Options
    Mac

Sorry about your dog. I do like Saint Bernards but that's not my dog in the picture.