Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why is this Nomo auto so expensive?

Can someone tell me why this Hideo Nomo auto #d to 10 going for $250.

05 Fleer Nomo Auto

I have seen others from Donruss priced higher also, over $300, but they are 1/1.

Do all ?/10 autos go for this much?

Why do I ask? I have the National Pastimes Nomo #1/10 and will be selling it soon.

Keith

Comments

• Options
    Nomo has a huge following overseas.
  • Options
    As stated, huge foriegn-based group of fans, along with the fact that, unlike most of the stars of today, he doesn't sign all that many cards. Most are low numbered. Hope that helps.

Chris
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    tell me about it. One of the sets I do every year is the Fleer Ultra Platinum Medallion parallel. I still have a few to go from 1997, 8 & 9. I was bidding on a 1997 Nomo, which were printed to 150 copies. IIRC, it went for over $150. I was checking out the leading bidder at one point - his bidder id led to a website that stated its business as buying collectible items in other countries for Japanese clients. I'm hoping one will happen by sometime when all prospective Japanese collectors already have one.

Geordie
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they buy mantle over there............
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    dude buys nomo auto's like he still has NOMO MADNESS from back in the day....crazy...definitely a buyer for overseas shipping.

loth
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    nomo doesn't sign alot at all..there was nice article in beckett about the most sought after autos....There were about 4 players who
    beat out Mantle...Chan Ho Park was one of them LOL

JS
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>dude buys nomo auto's like he still has NOMO MADNESS from back in the day....crazy...definitely a buyer for overseas shipping.

loth >>

and for huge prices - he's bought a few other Japanese autos, most notably Ichiro, but nobody is selling as high as Nomo.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    If you are into modern, I think Matsui cards are a decent small investment. Matsui is like Elvis in Japan. Soon enough you will see Matsui stuff sell well over market just as the Nomos do.