Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Warning: Modern card

Anyone that collects modern or anyone with an opinion is invited to leave their thoughts. One of my buddies I have made through collecting has asked me to put up a card for him on ebay. He has asked me to put up a price that I think is right for the reserve, but I really have no clue. So, here I am again, asking more questions. The card in question is 04-05 bowman chrome basketball x-fractor Emeka Okafor(R.O.Y if anyone didn't know) auto #'ed to 25(thats one hell of a description eh?). Heres a scan:image
My question is I really have no clue as to what it's worth. My first thought was to put it up on ebay with a rediculous reserve and see what the high bid is. But I thought I would ask here first. Thanks
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    There is one on the bay right now with a buy it now of $425 and a regular refractor auto sold for $185. Personally, I would list it and put a reserve in the $325-375 range with a BIN of $399. Or, if he's patient, keep an eye on the one at 425 and see if it/when it sells.

Good Luck!

-Josh
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Josh is probably right - I think the time to sell his cards is now, actually. I am not sold on his stock rising any higher over the next few seasons, especially on a bad team. I am actually surprised anyone would pay that much for his RC's, but the Bowman Chrome Xfractor Auto /25 is about as good as they get. I would expect around $300 or so as your sell price.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Agreed. Sell sell sell. Even if Emeka was on a good team he doesn't have the style that makes a player collectible. That's not to say he won't be a perrenial all star, but think Dikembe Mutombo with a little better scoring. I still would have drafted him first without even thinking about it. Not often you can pluck a center that's guaranteed to be great unless injuries come up.

Lee
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies fellas, I'll have to tell him what you guys have found. I for some reason couldn't find any examples(they didnt show up on ebay for some reason? or maybe he just put it up), so I had no clue as to what to put for a price. I'll watch that 425 one and see how long it takes to sell. Thanks again
    Ryan