Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Seasoned ebay sellers

Looking to sell some PSA FB cards. Trying to figure out when the best time of year to sell them would be? I figure right now would most likely be a bad time.
Order the best times of the season in general to sell-- a) SUper Bowl, b) Opening Day? c) Hall of Fame Day? d) Thanksgiving? e) other

TIA
Chuck

Comments

• Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    don't have your listing end on a holiday weekend, friday or monday nights. Other than that, not sure it matters much.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    As someone trying to BUY football cards cheap right now, i'm not having much luck. That's from PSA graded vintage to last years stars. Football is hot right now, IMO.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I used to think it mattered what season you sold cards - but, I have done well recently with some football cards, and sold some baseball cards over the winter months with no problem. Ebay seems to provide a year-long audience for cards.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Have them end on a non-holiday weekend Sunday night.......
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Modern football was strong leading up to and just after the draft. It tends to taper off a bit now until training camp. Vintage football I think is pretty strong any time of year.

What you do want to pay attention to is that you don't end on a holiday weekend (which I've done twice in a row now with Easter and Mothers Day) <--slaps self in head
    But definitely pay attention to the large shows coming up. For example, Sportsfest in Chicago is a huge show at the end of June, Tri Star in Kansas City is next week (so it's a bit late now), Nationals in Chicago the end of July, and there is a a big show in Colorado next weekend as well.

The reason I mention that is that you want to put stuff up that's got some meaning to those people where a big show is coming up. For example, over the last couple of weeks I was picking up Chiefs, Royals, and Kansas basketball stuff off ebay in anticipation for the KC show. With sportsfest coming up in June, about 2 weeks before I'll list a bunch of Chicago related items. Delears are on the prowl for that stuff and it seems I do a little better if you can time it right. Anything listed in early July will probably do decently as many people will be looking for some decent items to pick up for display at nationals. In fact, the May show in KC is one of the best ones because there are quite a few people that are just looking to buy someone out, or buy a large stack of stuff just to put it out at nationals.

Hope that helps you some.
  • Options
    good info everyone, Thanks!